306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: 3.0 V6 Brembo's
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
As title how much do they go for nowadays?
Disks pads and calipers. Might be able to get some cheap off a mate and ill ptobably sell them on
Still go mad for them on the 6 forum?
[Image: One-Billion-Dollars.jpg]

had to be done.............
lol
Well someone had to do it, its the obvious thing to do Big Grin
Would be rude not too!
I paid 100 quid for my calipers, then got C5 discs machined which cost £50 all in and then managed to pick up some ex stock DS2500 for £30.

Bargain really!
Are these the setup that are know to squeal? Did the machined C5 discs stop that?
They will only go for good money if they are non-squealing. Someone is trying to sell a set on the 6 forum at the min and having no luck.

Edit: I paid near top dollar for mine. But they don't squeal and came with wheels and tyres aswell as cyclones etc won't go over them.
Ian Wrote:They will only go for good money if they are non-squealing. Someone is trying to sell a set on the 6 forum at the min and having no luck.

Edit: I paid near top dollar for mine. But they don't squeal and came with wheels and tyres aswell as cyclones etc won't go over them.

Sure cyclones won't go over them? Haha my mates just bought some and is sure they go under clones
Well these didnt sqeal on the 406 if that helps lol but yeah now for sale
NiallHarper Wrote:
Ian Wrote:They will only go for good money if they are non-squealing. Someone is trying to sell a set on the 6 forum at the min and having no luck.

Sure cyclones won't go over them? Haha my mates just bought some and is sure they go under clones

Positive mate. Worked out that you will need 25+ mm spacers to run them. Spokes won't clear. Not a lot of 15's will fit.
Ian Wrote:Positive mate. Worked out that you will need 25+ mm spacers to run them. Spokes won't clear. Not a lot of 15's will fit.

I didn't think they did as this was a popular f*ck up on the 106 forums. Problem is clones with big spacers on a 106 make it look like the usual corsa you see that's been driven through halfords.
Except Niall I haven't bought 406 Brembos, and I can, within reason put a smaller disc in if needed as I am making the mounts myself... Always knew I would need spacers though...
Grant Wrote:Except Niall I haven't bought 406 Brembos, and I can, within reason put a smaller disc in if needed as I am making the mounts myself... Always knew I would need spacers though...

Cough BOLLOCKS cough. You told me they were a direct fit. You also told me they were the same calipers as the 406......twat!

:mrgreen:
Grant Wrote:Except Niall I haven't bought 406 Brembos, and I can, within reason put a smaller disc in if needed as I am making the mounts myself... Always knew I would need spacers though...

It's not the size of the disc that causes issues with cyclones or most 15" wheels. It's the caliper itself. I'm running 15's that clear no probs. There is about a cats whisker of space between caliper and wheel though
Buy my brembo's!
4WayDiablo Wrote:Buy my brembo's!

I would love brembos. Not for the stopping power but purely for the looks. I don't like the look of badly spaced cyclones though!
NiallHarper Wrote:
4WayDiablo Wrote:Buy my brembo's!

I would love brembos. Not for the stopping power but purely for the looks. I don't like the look of badly spaced cyclones though!
Clones look good with 10 to 15mm spacers on them. As standard i think they sit a little too far in the arches at the rear for sure
4WayDiablo Wrote:Clones look good with 10 to 15mm spacers on them. As standard i think they sit a little too far in the arches at the rear for sure

Hmm I'm not sure. Seen them with spacers on before and something just doesn't look right. Not to mention the fact I don't like the idea of spacers anyway.

Might get some of them brembo calipers covers ninja
Haha have you seen the horror stories of them fake brembo covers. Cant remember the details but it was something to do with them failing the brakes
I would avoid them tbf
4WayDiablo Wrote:Haha have you seen the horror stories of them fake brembo covers. Cant remember the details but it was something to do with them failing the brakes
I would avoid them tbf

I wouldn't even bother lol. Sure I will be happy with my 283s
Haha yeah knew you werent being serious but for anyone... dont get the covers!
Niall: how could they be the same as the 406 brembos if they are not a direct fit? the spacing on the caliper bolts is completely different.. Get your facts straight wanker... Wink

Ian: If this is the case, a 5mm spacer will sort that, even though i would be the only unlucky bastard to get a small boulder wedged in there and ruin my wheels and calipers lol
Grant I'm confused.

You have Brembos that ain't 406 ones. What are they? You want to run them under cyclones with a 5mm spacer? I'm not sure I'm following this right.
Grant Wrote:Niall: how could they be the same as the 406 brembos if they are not a direct fit? the spacing on the caliper bolts is completely different.. Get your facts straight wrist exerciser... Wink

Ian: If this is the case, a 5mm spacer will sort that, even though i would be the only unlucky bastard to get a small boulder wedged in there and ruin my wheels and calipers lol

Just going by what you told me when you got them!

Oh and I'm unsure how you will use a smaller disc? Because if your planning on pulling the caliper in towards the hub, the caliper is going to end up hitting the middle of the disc
NiallHarper Wrote:Oh and I'm unsure how you will use a smaller disc? Because if your planning on pulling the caliper in towards the hub, the caliper is going to end up hitting the middle of the disc

:clap:

Im talking a few mm, not a few feet...
Grant Wrote::clap:

Im talking a few mm, not a few feet...

Well a few mm wouldn't be far off being about half the width of a disc..............

You haven't quite sussed how far they sit out yet have you.......
Obviously I can't comment on these exact brakes but on most, have you seen how close the caliper sits?
NiallHarper Wrote:Obviously I can't comment on these exact brakes but on most, have you seen how close the caliper sits?

^^ this!
[Image: 1_300_brembo_gen2_kit.jpg]

There we go these are the coupe brakes. No chance of moving the calipers in.
Not trying to stir. Just don't want you to f*ck it up and not be able to use your car!
Pages: 1 2