306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Uprated suspension advice
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've always gone for the 'lower is better approach' and was planning on fitting ebay coilies but after fitting challengers ive realised its never going to be mega low so thought i might try something a bit different..

Thought about just buying 60mm springs which led me to the idea of buying decent 60mm springs with decent shocks, will be a good amount of lows but also retain comfort and make it nice in the twisties is what im thinking - only problem is ive no idea where to look or what to look at!

Anyone had experience of similar setups/ got any recommendations? Any advice much appreciated!

Wont be buying for a while as havent got the spare cash at the mo but itd be nice to consider everything and make a good decision ready for when the time comes!
Bilstien shocks are pretty good!
Yeah thats the name that springs* to mind, gonna have a look at them but interested to hear whats out there? Dont really know where to look other than ebay or googling it and hoping the sites and information are decent tbh!

*springs haha get it?
Haha good one! Ed had a good thread up here yesterday!
Bilstein B8s and Eibachs. But you'll never get -60mm with them. probably 30-40 tops.

-60mm will have a detrimental effect on handling tbh... it all depends what you want to do with your car.

See this thread: http://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1446
It may answer a few questions, but I guarantee once you do a bit of research you'll have a numb brain, and more questions unanswered than you started with.!
Ahh, I noticed your thread but wrongly assumed it was all about coilovers, will head that way now!

I'm afraid to say the main priority is still looks so has to be 60mm but thought while i'm at it might as well get decent quality stuff rather than the cheap springs I ran in my old dturbos! Not looking to be the best handling car in the world just competent and still retaining a tad of comfort haha. Thanks for the replies chaps
INXS Wrote:Ahh, I noticed your thread but wrongly assumed it was all about coilovers, will head that way now!

I'm afraid to say the main priority is still looks so has to be 60mm but thought while i'm at it might as well get decent quality stuff rather than the cheap springs I ran in my old dturbos! Not looking to be the best handling car in the world just competent and still retaining a tad of comfort haha. Thanks for the replies chaps

If you're just going for looks, get some raceland coilies off fleabay. Just make sure you either get em with decent spring rates, or buy a set of springs in addition to them..

Or spend about £490 on Larkspeed and get a set of Gaz GHAs. you can spec the spring rates and you'll be laffin. Expect a hard ride though from what I've read. but you'll be able to go down to 60mm no problems...
Ed Doe Wrote:
INXS Wrote:Ahh, I noticed your thread but wrongly assumed it was all about coilovers, will head that way now!

If you're just going for looks, get some raceland coilies off fleabay. Just make sure you either get em with decent spring rates, or buy a set of springs in addition to them..

Or spend about £490 on Larkspeed and get a set of Gaz GHAs. you can spec the spring rates and you'll be laffin. Expect a hard ride though from what I've read. but you'll be able to go down to 60mm no problems...

I could never justify spending that sort of money for what I use the car for! B8's look perfect but like you say might be a waste of money if I still want to stick 60mm springs on them..! Just found these but they look stupidly cheap with no mention of model numbers.. can you identify them.. are they even Bilstein's? ha

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PAIR-PEUGEOT-3...1688wt_820

Looking like I might just stick to what I know! haha
^^ They're Bilstein B4s.... standard fitment on the gti6 IIRC, not sure about other cars... Someone will be along to let you know!!

You want to go for B6s if you plan on runnning standard ride-height; they offer slightly stiffer damping.

Or B8s which offer stiffer damping and are designed for cars lowered 30-40mm

B8s and Eibachs are a very similar price to Gaz GHAs, hence why I was in such a conundrum over what to do with my suspension; thats my price range!!!
Yeah having been on the Larkspeed website and looking at individual costs its starting to look expensive haha! Thanks for the advice mate!
Dont buy them crapy ebay coilovers, i made that mistake and they are now sitting in a bush in the garden after the seals leaked the oil over my disks, destroyed a near new set of mintex pads, iv got 60mm springs and gaz shocks and they are really good, all the roads round hear are potholed and bumpy as fook so good suspension is a must
You must have been unlucky. My mate has ran them for two years on his mk2 Golf.
What have you got on yours foxy?
Ebay raceland coilovers! £159!
Foxy-jim Wrote:You must have been unlucky. My mate has ran them for two years on his mk2 Golf.

Or maybe your mate was lucky, given there's been what, 4 failures of them just from people on .net gti6 and here now?
Ed Doe Wrote:Or spend about £490 on Larkspeed and get a set of Gaz GHAs.

I paid £405 for mine with rear shocks included
Connor Wrote:
Ed Doe Wrote:Or spend about £490 on Larkspeed and get a set of Gaz GHAs.

I paid £405 for mine with rear shocks included

A-LINKYMEEE please Big Grin
Theyer on ebay ATM for £450 with eccentric top mounts ed
http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/monster-p-sus ... 4340.l2559

That is the seller I bought my kit from, I couldnt find it listed in his items, but he didnt have them listed when I bought them either, I just sent him a message and he said it was no problem. He also offered me the compbrake top mounts for and extra £100, which is slightly cheaper than what compbrake list them as iirc
Im even tempted at a new set at £450!
Foxy-jim Wrote:Im even tempted at a new set at £450!

You ain't got money to send on suspension ha ha
Very good point!
dumdum chuck me a link.

tbh I'm sceptical at that price; Ive shopped around and the lowest price anywhere is larkspeed... I'm worried that those cheaper ones off ebay wont come with proper warranty/comeback from GAZ...
I have already asked if that's all included in the price and how much the golds would be. And what a group by would be. The company only sells gaz by the looks of it and are from essex which is where gaz head office are.
Ed Doe Wrote:^^ They're Bilstein B4s.... standard fitment on the gti6 IIRC, not sure about other cars... Someone will be along to let you know!!

You want to go for B6s if you plan on runnning standard ride-height; they offer slightly stiffer damping.

Or B8s which offer stiffer damping and are designed for cars lowered 30-40mm

B8s and Eibachs are a very similar price to Gaz GHAs, hence why I was in such a conundrum over what to do with my suspension; thats my price range!!!

Ed b4s wernt standard. They are slightly stiffer than standard.
I've got b4s all round on my car. They are great for what I want because they are still reasonably comfortable yet it still handles a damn sight better than most cars.
Mine is lowered 40mm (on the wrong springs though so more like 25-30) and I love it! For the money, I think their great.
Pompey306mark Wrote:I have already asked if that's all included in the price and how much the golds would be. And what a group by would be. The company only sells gaz by the looks of it and are from essex which is where gaz head office are.

So are they? How much are they golds? I shouldn't have them, but f*ck I want em!!

I've also emailed him and ebay msgd him; I'll post the reply up here Smile
So will I if I get one.
Hi Mark. I have ended the auction because the picture shows top mounts but they are not included. The coilover kit is £450 on it's own but this includes helper springs and spring top collars.
Gaz Gold kits are £725 + £15 delivery.
This price is already at trade but i might be able to do them a bit cheaper depending how many people are interested
I really want some now!
Yes i can offer a choice of springs. 5 kits would be £425 + £10 delivery each kit, 10 kits £400 + £10 delivery each kit.
My ebay company is monster p suspension, but i also race for Gaz shocks. That's why i get a good discount
Pages: 1 2