306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Aligning headlight beam
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Right my normal dipped beam is fine level and same as drivers side, soon as I put full beam on it just hits the road directly infron of the car how do I align my full beam ??
Theirs manal adjusters on the back of the headlight unit mate... think you'll need a 10mm socket to adjust it
Yeah I've done that the bit that works the electric motor ?? My full bema shuts hits the road still :-( very frustrating as j can't see anything in full beam :-( normal beam they are fine both level both illuminate well
no its not the electric bit, if u screw it it moves, its on the back of the headlight unit!

theirs one at the top of the headlight and one at the bottom of each unit, guessing youve got twin optics... each optic is manually adjustable from the screws/nuts at the top and bottom of the optics... One does up n down, one does left and right...
I've done the one at the top then where abouts is the other and yeah twin Optics ??

Aha found it down on the side by the plug for bulbs ??
yeah think thats right mate
Those adjusters are for dipped beam position, not main. What have you changed for this to be a problem all of a sudden?
Nothing been like it since Gareth blacked masked them for me never really bothered me until now as I've never really driven out late for it to be an issue
You're best bet is to take it to your local MOT garage and get them to realign them properly for you. You may be able to get them somewhere close yourself but they will get them spot on.

It should only cost you a tenner or so as it'll only take them a couple of minutes...........that's all I was charged after I fitted my masks.
As i said, the alignment only affects dipped beam, if you've got issues with main beam the alignment isn't your problem.

Ok, so it was when you had the black-mask lights fitted. Sounds daft, but are the bulbs in properly? Wired up the right way round?
Ok just had a look and the little metal bit that the bulb sits in actually inside the light unit was a little skew wiff so have straightened that out gunna wait untill it's dark to see if that made a difference of not I'll take it to the garage :-) Gareth that top clip has broken will they still be able to align it properly with that snapped ??
Thatll probably do it, you'll be amazed how little things will ruin your beam pattern.

And honestly, if you havent got a problem with dipped beam you're wasting your money getting them aligned. But yeah, wont matter if the top clip is broken.
Which way is the tab on the bulb facing in the holder mate? Daft question maybe but you'd be surprised how many are in upside down......almost every set I've bought to black mask has had at least one bulb fitted wrong.

As Poodle said, the top bracket being broken wont affect things.
Awesome wish I'd looked earlier lol in
In the st today do pug is at home will have a look at the bulb tomorrow with piccie and the metal bit inside the headlight unit with piccie see what you guys think then