306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Dual Mass Flywheel - 306 HDi?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Looking on ECP for clutches for a hdi and noticed this listed..

http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Peugeo...61d&000134

didn't think that DMF's came on any 306's? wonder if it would take a lot more torque? VAG dmf's can take almost 300 lb/ft can't they?

discuss
Its for the 307 HDi surely?

Oh and also, DMFs are wank, the high powered VAG guys all swap to an SMF....
Nope, listed under a 306 HDi

fair enough, but for stage 2 power maybe it'd be fine
Yeah i dont know anyone who would want a DMF over a SMF! They are shit! The vag ones can take 300ft/lb but a SMF can take basically anything you chuck at it.
(19-05-2013, 04:25 PM)Midnightclub Wrote: [ -> ]Nope, listed under a 306 HDi

Its the same engine though, ECP's system just see's 'DW10' and chucks everything in.

I would strongly urge you not to get one, maybe it would be fine, but chances are it wouldn't, it's the main thing that puts me off newer cars lol, don't add one to something that doesn't already have one! My Vectra broke a DMF at 75k on standard power...and the replacement is sounding dodgy at just 25k now. My Golf absolutely raped the DMF after being mapped, ok so it was on 130k, but it nearly fell apart when I took it off, was knackered. They don't have any power advantages. They're just there to reduce noise tbh. And the 306 isn't known for being well built enough to be so quiet that engine/gearbox noise becomes an issue. lol
(19-05-2013, 04:30 PM)Toms306 Wrote: [ -> ]
(19-05-2013, 04:25 PM)Midnightclub Wrote: [ -> ]Nope, listed under a 306 HDi

Its the same engine though, ECP's system just see's 'DW10' and chucks everything in.

I would strongly urge you not to get one, maybe it would be fine, but chances are it wouldn't, it's the main thing that puts me off newer cars lol, don't add one to something that doesn't already have one! My Vectra broke a DMF at 75k on standard power...and the replacement is sounding dodgy at just 25k now. My Golf absolutely raped the DMF after being mapped, ok so it was on 130k, but it nearly fell apart when I took it off, was knackered. They don't have any power advantages. They're just there to reduce noise tbh. And the 306 isn't known for being well built enough to be so quiet that engine/gearbox noise becomes an issue. lol

Reduce noise and make gear changes smoother.
The one on the Skoda was properly f*cked after 70k!
Comes on a few dw10 motors, wouldn't bother with one though....
Fair enough, wasn't actually going to do it.. just wasn't sure why it was listed