306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Air intake flap
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
On the heater air intake, the flap (above the motor) wants to stay closed, its very stiff to operate from the dial and closes but when turning to the open position it doesn't move the flap open again. I assume its cable operated but can I access the cable from the heater control panel? if not how do I check/free it up? Its a non-aircon 1999 S model Phase 2? thats another question - how to tell the difference between 2 & 3?
Do you have a top glove box you can remove? Im pretty sure what your after is behind that. My guess would be the cables caught on something or fell off the actual flap itself.
As far as I know, that flap is motor operated by the recirculation button.

The direction flap is cable operated, to adjust where the airflow enters into the cabin.

Edit - I can't read, thought it said air con model, my bad.
What he said, depends if you have a recirc button. My phase one is cable operated :p
(15-05-2013, 07:59 AM)Tom Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have a top glove box you can remove? Im pretty sure what your after is behind that. My guess would be the cables caught on something or fell off the actual flap itself.

I'll take a look from the top glove box, if I can find how to access it. Its connected at the flap but its so stiff I think the cable must be kinked or jammed somehow
Always a bastard that. You had the heater matrix replaced? I had a few issues putting the dash back on with cables not doing there job.
(16-05-2013, 05:29 PM)Tom Wrote: [ -> ]Always a bastard that. You had the heater matrix replaced? I had a few issues putting the dash back on with cables not doing there job.

I've only had the car since August so I don't know whats been done, someone has put roofing sealant around the grill which covers the air intake where the blower resistor pack is - seems a bit extreme, that and the cut-out solenoid hack is all I can see up to now.
Theres always sealant around that grill for the air atleast there is on mine aswell aha.