306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Ordering 306 parts from citroen dealer ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
May be a bit of a retarded question but has anyone ever tried to order parts for their 306 from a citroen dealer parts dept, the reason i ask is that the nearest peugeot dealer is 20 miles away but i pass a citroen one every day. I know that the xsara and 306 share 90% of the parts but would they need vin codes/car reg to find the parts i wanted ?
What do you need?

Same story for me I always go citroen
If you know the part you need, look it up on their servicebox - you can register for an account and browse it, find the part you need and it will list the number with it - then give them a ring and see if they've got it on the shelf, or order it in.
Just little things really need new nuts/ fixings for the rear beam mounts and new rubber dust covers for the bosch disc calipers i got on the back of my 306 estate, im guessing the xsara estate would use the same, just can warrant a trip to peugeot for little bits like them.

Dont have to be a garage or anything to register for the cotroen servicebox ?
Yeah if you have part numbers off service box they can order it but they wont have pug service box access so no point asking them to look up part numbers.

There is club service box login details in the guides section
They should do it just fine, I go to Citroen sometimes if I'm desperate as there are 2 nearby and only 1 Peugeot. Although did get a strange look once when I told them it was for a Peugeot.
Cheers guys found a login for Citroen service box, got the order numbers for the parts I want so I don't look like a muppet when I pop into the Citroen dealer tomorrow.
Used to do it all the time, guys didn't bat an eyelid, had servicebox too.
Bloke in Citroen look at me as if Id just raped his daughter after I told him what car it was... I said to him "yeah you do realise its the same as a xsara..." "vitara..?" Walked out...
(14-05-2013, 06:19 PM)Leedunn86 Wrote: [ -> ]Cheers guys found a login for Citroen service box, got the order numbers for the parts I want so I don't look like a muppet when I pop into the Citroen dealer tomorrow.

Citroen and pug part numbers are the same if the parts are the same.

It really does amaze me when dealers dont know that the part numbers are the same especially as the boxes tend to have both logos on
Yeah whenever i've bought parts from a peugeot dealer it usually something like PSA Citroen/Peugeot On the box. Then again all my local dealers wont look past whats on their screen and tell me most parts "don't exist" Sad
(17-05-2013, 09:55 AM)Razorback_Rob Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah whenever i've bought parts from a peugeot dealer it usually something like PSA Citroen/Peugeot On the box. Then again all my local dealers wont look past whats on their screen and tell me most parts "don't exist" Sad

haha yeah, going to TM factors and asking for an oil filter for an xud9te, nothing but blank stares, had to give them the numberplate so they can search it.

its going to be a pain buying parts for the 2.1 since the xud11 wont be on their database as being fitted to a 306 and they wont have a clue about the xud11 anyway :/
(17-05-2013, 04:50 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: [ -> ]
(17-05-2013, 09:55 AM)Razorback_Rob Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah whenever i've bought parts from a peugeot dealer it usually something like PSA Citroen/Peugeot On the box. Then again all my local dealers wont look past whats on their screen and tell me most parts "don't exist" Sad

haha yeah, going to TM factors and asking for an oil filter for an xud9te, nothing but blank stares, had to give them the numberplate so they can search it.

its going to be a pain buying parts for the 2.1 since the xud11 wont be on their database as being fitted to a 306 and they wont have a clue about the xud11 anyway :/

I know that feel bro. Was bad enough buying parts for the old car and that was just different brakes to standard 'What's the reg?' 'Nah, that won't get you anywhere mate' now it's different engine.
My local dealers have learnt now not to question what i buy. I just phone up with a part number, go and get it and pay for it. Nice and easy. Still need to set up my servicebox with them so i can order on line!
Im lucky in that the citroen parts man i use is big into his Pugs as well.
He even let me take his gti6 out for a spin hehe.

He seemed to be able to look up part nr's for both Pug and shitroen.