306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Vxronline (vauxhall)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok so as some of you may know iv got an 06 astra.

I asked what difference a vxr turbo would do to my cdti and they have said its "IMPOSSIBLE" to make a different turbo fit.

This made me LOL so so much.
what turbo do the vxr' use?
I believe it's the k04
and its impossible to fit it to a derv? any explanation? lol
Lol, do you have a 150? .if so, they're unreliable enough without a big turbo to add to it. Rolleyes

Don't think the vxr turbo would be ideal on a diesel though? I'm sure I've read about a hybrid beemer turbo being used though..330d one iirc..

It's not so easy though, as the hotside IS the manifold on these iirc, like on the pd engines. So you can't just bolt on another turbo without hybridding...
Yeah I do have the 150 mate.

Screen shot time
The diesel uses a GT1749v btw, if the ko4 is non vnt that'd be a bit pointless lol
I'd leave the vauxhall tbh man...

You have the DT to bolt big blowers too...
Inevitably you will get problems with bugger turbos.. Why have two broken cars?
Needs a gt2052v obviously
(14-05-2013, 12:18 AM)Jake Wrote: [ -> ]I'd leave the vauxhall tbh man...

You have the DT to bolt big blowers too...
Inevitably you will get problems with bugger turbos.. Why have two broken cars?

Got to agree with this tbh, you've already f*cked up one car. Also, its a vauxhall - it aint getting better no matter what you do to it. :p
Yeah man your on about the airbox not the turbo...
Im getting my hybrid built for £450 & they are capable over over powering a vxr with the right injectors. Get on Vec-C. theres some diesel nuts on there...
From the looks of it only one person said it was impossible, everyone else said it's a tough job.
If the compressor housing and manifold are one piece then thats why.