306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: rather miffed...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Before i start i would really like the usual lot to lay off the /becausebenjay shit for the moment

I had just wrote a massive post but it would have been the case of TL;DR.

But the jist is my crank pulley came off taking the bolt with it leaving about 1/4 in the crank. i got it towed to a garage near by where it broke down as the sign said "all mechanical work undertaken"

After A LOT of waiting around and not getting phone calls etc i get the car back to mine as the "mechanic" said it could not be drilled out and he didnt want the car there over the weekend. (which i thought was strange but now have realised why) I have been in contact with an engineering company who said that they can drill it out.

HOWEVER

i have just inspected it again and from the looks of it they have tried to take a big f*ck off drill bit to the crank and i now have no thread left inside it.

Now what rights do i have to f*ck this garage over for the incompetence or do i have to deal with it and put a new engine in it?
None youv removed the car from the garage therefore they will just say they didn't do it
not even if i have the word of the RAC who towed it back to mine?
Did the RAC man look at the crank as well?
Whats to say you haven't done it your self when you got it home?
no as the the wheel was back on and the car was pushed into the road
Where is the car now?
(13-05-2013, 04:17 PM)Ben Jay Wrote: [ -> ]no as the the wheel was back on and the car was pushed into the road

So it's still your word against the garages I'm afraid.... Unless they've got previous failings (maybe google them?) I doubt you'll get anywhere unfortunately.
well i guess i need to make a help me put an engine in thread...
If you have removed the car from the garage you havnt got a leg to stand on, pal you can fight it and try, but in all honesty it will get you no where, you know how things go these days it evidence evidence evidence and without it nothing stands.

I do have a couple XUD engines for sale if that helps ninja
i thought it was weird when a garage said they didnt want to work on it.
If theyve drilled it out can you not drill out a crank pulley too and the tap the hole to a larger thread size and just use a thicker bolt.

OR

As above but put a really thick bit of stud in there and get it superglued in there then drill and thread the stud to the correct size.
/becausebenjay
(13-05-2013, 04:27 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: [ -> ]If theyve drilled it out can you not drill out a crank pulley too and the tap the hole to a larger thread size and just use a thicker bolt.

OR

As above but put a really thick bit of stud in there and get it superglued in there then drill and thread the stud to the correct size.

the hole is really quite f*cked. would need to be made at least 3mm larger
With any threaded hole, it can be drilled out bigger and have a wire insert thread put in, known as a heli-coil. It's not wrong to strip the thread out after a breakage as long as the hole is the right size for a wire insert afterwards. I wouldn't worry about that as its a 10 min job. Hope that helps for the bolt side of things...
What the f*ck did they do to it then? If you can drill it out to 2mm its original biggest ID, you could helicoil it then put a standard bolt in. Job done
(13-05-2013, 04:33 PM)Niall Wrote: [ -> ]What the f*ck did they do to it then? If you can drill it out to 2mm its original biggest ID, you could helicoil it then put a standard bolt in. Job done

it would really need some one who knows what they are looking at really to tell me. but from what i saw it doesnt look that good.
But BTW id go back to them and have a word............... they might admit it. I doubt it but might as well try
Definitely go back,

f*ck I hate cowboy mechanics/ garages.
Name and shame all over the internet, fbs a good one for that, f*ckers need to be shown up.
Hope you've not paid these useless wankers.
Nope didn't pay a thing