306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: thought this may be of some interest
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well ive been looking for a solution to this for bloody ages and its finally come up on the 6 forum so this is shamelessly stolen from there!

Sloppy gear change is usually caused by 3 things. Bad linkages (replace with uprated ones), loose bolt and worn bearing connecting the gear shifter to the selector rod and the bush on the other end of the selector rod. 1st two are easy but the third isn't. The bush wears down over the years allowing the nylon ball to rattle about in there and gives a sloppy change but now luckily it seems you can get replacement bushes.

[Image: gearrodbush001_zpsef37bb2d.jpg]

[Image: gearrodbush003_zps2f630acb.jpg]

Just cost me £8.35 delivered but most of thats postage so im sure someone on here could do a group buy if needed to keep costs down.

http://www.bearingboys.co.uk/GB3240DU_Sp...sh-14905-p
Interesting. Mine is sloppy as hell! Any idea where i could get a new ball from? Peugeot wanted about £30!
Good find! Deffo up for a group buy!
Well if i can get 7 names, ill order them and send them out (once ive fitted mine so i can say for sure how much of a difference they make!)
Well count me in mate, deffo up for it Smile it a relatively new thing to come out?
Count me in, good find mate!
(11-05-2013, 04:41 PM)Grant Wrote: [ -> ]Well count me in mate, deffo up for it Smile it a relatively new thing to come out?

No. The bearing is not available from pug. It comes as part of the selector rod which is NLA but someone on the 6 forum found a equivalent.
Very good shout niall I could prob do with 2 so shout me if a groupe buy goes down as im not desperate to buy one now?
I'd probably be interested if it makes a difference, both my DT's have been a lady garden to get into 1st sometimes.
How much work to for them? If not much I'll take one
I think I'd definitely be interested, upgrading my linkages soon
Ordering 2 of these Monday, so can add more and bring to ace/post out if people are interested?
(12-05-2013, 05:51 PM)Chris Wrote: [ -> ]Ordering 2 of these Monday, so can add more and bring to ace/post out if people are interested?

Could order them for all the people above and do the group buy for me Tongue
These sound good im gessing they fit all 306's.
Mine can be a nightmare when cold.
Just ordered 5 of these so 3 will be available for sale as soon as they turn up.
Will be £6 each delivered.
(13-05-2013, 05:36 PM)Chris Wrote: [ -> ]Just ordered 5 of these so 3 will be available for sale as soon as they turn up.
Will be 36 each delivered.

Niall got his for £9 delivered and most was postage so how do you justify 36 each delivered?
£6 each, complete lack of this keyboard being able to use its shift key.
Ooohhhh lol and collected from ace?
£4 if they turn up on time?
Deal :-) I'll take one
I'll collect one from ace buddy!!
Only one left then guys.
Ill take it please chris Smile
Ideal. Just hope they show up in time.