306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: MTB Fork Advice
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Im lookimg for a set of forks to replace my marzocchi monster 2. i dont mind spending some money on them if anyone can recommend some. they must have 20mm axle and 200mm disk mount.
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mobil...elID=30252

how about those?

what you runnin 1 1/8 or 1 1/8 to1/5?
Think its 1 1/8. Those look fine, would prefer a bit more travel tho
What sort of travel you after?
Avoid Marzocchis between 2005 and 2010. They moved production to China and it went way down hill. They have since moved it back to Italy and apparently its very good again now.
Ive heard very very good things about Marzocchi 66's and they should give you about 180mm of travel. Finding some that are only 1 1/8 though will prove a challenge as most are now 1.5 or 1 1/8 tapered which is no use to us lot with older style frames Sad
Apparently Cane Creek have released a head set for a 1 1/8 head tube that actually allows a tapered fork but you have to discount 10mm of travel for it to keep your original geometry and how good it is, i really dont know but generally CC stuff is fairly good.
Well im now looking at buying a used Transition TR450 frame and 888 forks http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Model...elID=70324

All in its about £1500 but im hoping to use most of the bits from my current bike to save going higher as already it far more that i want to spend

Edit: CC are good, i currently have the tank 2 head bearing's
For that price I'd personally be looking at fox DH40 RLC's or RC's second hand.

I used to have tripple 8's on my big hit and whilst they were good at what they did, I didnt find them very progressive. I tried some DH40s in Cwmcarn on the dragon downhill and feck me, what a ride. They iron out the small bumps effectively without being wallowy, but offer great adsorption of massive drops.

Fox DH40's, do it!
Found a set in America for 700 delivered, are they worth it? or do you know where i can get some cheaper?
Give my mate a ring he owns a bike shop. He has a very good list of suppliers. sanctuarybikes.com

His name is ian Hughes tell him david moore told you to contact him he should throw some discount your way. Any questions feel free to PM me