306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Attended service
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
http://www.shell.co.uk/gbr/products-serv...rvice.html

Apparently shell are brining it back , thoughts?
They have had them for months around here!
I hate it...

My local 'in the stix' rip off petrol station does ONLY attended service. Id rather fill up myself...only ever use them if I'm stuck at home running on fumes and won't make it to the town filling station.
This is standard in a few countries..

Why wouldn't you want someone to fill your car for you? Also stops people stealing fuel.
I highly doubt some underpaid teenager will be able to offer me any advice on fuel efficiency or maintenance lol

nice idea though
In japan they do it properly. Drain and flush the tank. Fill up your car. Wash all the windows. Top up the water and pump the tyres! And they all do it whilst smiling!
I don't want someone else touching my car!

I hate having to hand it over to a mechanic even lol.

Plus I worry that they've not tightened the cap properly, or not closed the flap securely, so I have to check that anyway....might as well just fill it myself after all that. lol
So who do you blame when it goes over by 1p! At a gues it would be our fault not there's!
They let you off a penny or two round here lol.... They can't be arsed with the change!

I tend to fill to the click rather than by price though.
But I'd have to explain how to fill a DT right to the spout, doubt they'd want to stand there letting it go down before pressing the trigger again, rinse and repeat.
Yeah just started a few weeks ago at one of the local but seemed nice enough
I'm not stupid and can put my own fuel in though
It's been at the stations by my mum's for over a year now but only at certain times of day so I've never used it as im either at work or sleeping during the day.
Would love to f*ck with their heads with the dummy fuel cap.

"No it's definitely on the passenger side, are you saying 'opensessime' before you touch it?!"

Meh, doesn't bother me.

(07-05-2013, 10:30 PM)Toms306 Wrote: [ -> ]I don't want someone else touching my car!

WTF, dude. It's like one of the most common cars on the road, hardly precious now is it?!
(08-05-2013, 08:16 AM)C.A.R. Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-05-2013, 10:30 PM)Toms306 Wrote: [ -> ]I don't want someone else touching my car!

WTF, dude. It's like one of the most common cars on the road, hardly precious now is it?!

Doesn't matter which car it is lol, if it's mine I don't like someone else touching it! Was even the same with 106 NAD.

I'm the same with tools and stuff though.....maybe I'm just odd and selfish. Tongue
One of my locals is attended service, they're really good, don't mind if you'd rather do it yourself either. Can't see shell doing well out of it though, half the time the attendants cant bring themselves to look at or talk to me, so how the hell they're going to cope with filling the car... Especially with the suing culture that has ruined this country, petrol on your paintwork anyone?
Apparently these attendants have vouchers for 10ppl off vpower, which brings it just below the cost of regular fuel. You can only use it when buying over £40 of fuel though.
The only good thing about petrol stations is the get it bang on .00 with just 1 trigger release
I'd rather do it myself because I don't want fuel dribbled allover the body when they're finished fueling.

It's worse with Diesel because it gets all sticky and muck gets stuck in it, then you gotta spend ages cleaning it all off.
Makes filling up baked easier I suppose, no more awkward silence in the que
Mine gets mostly filled on the driveway anyway so haven't noticed these changes
Frist thought was it's to stop people just driving off with fuel since if it stops at least 1 person a day driving off with a full tank then it's pretty much paid for the dude
(08-05-2013, 09:36 AM)declantg Wrote: [ -> ]Makes filling up baked easier I suppose, no more awkward silence in the que

I hope you're not being serious, and that you're not driving after having some tomatoes.
Nope never, not once
The attendant at MK shell put petrol in someones diesel Picasso. They were telling her it will be fine.
Well tbf if they didn't start it and drained immediately it won't harm much? Because it just in the tank
they didn't drain it though, they said because it was less than a certain amount of petrol it will be ok lol
Oh god, I would demand they drained it there and then!
(08-05-2013, 10:06 AM)declantg Wrote: [ -> ]Nope never, not once

apart from that time you turned up at mine and couldnt hold a conversation Tongue

(08-05-2013, 10:18 AM)Ricky Wrote: [ -> ]they didn't drain it though, they said because it was less than a certain amount of petrol it will be ok lol

yeh this happened to this person infront of me in the queue. They had quarter filled it with petrol and the guy said to brim it to the top with diesel and it would be fine.
What a mong haha!

Its a diesel, it'll be dirty anyway, at least diesel won't munch through your paint lol.
A small amount of petrol probably will be ok anyway, depends how much obviously, but as long as there's plenty of diesel to lube up the fuel pump I can't see there being much problem apart from knocking a bit more.

Will never forget a 2008 Transit van that came into Ford while I was there on work experience. It was a really slow starter, no other issues. Started and ran fine off fresh diesel from an external source.........

Anyway, after a few more checks the filler cap smelt of petrol, but the owner was adamant he hadn't put petrol in, so we went through the fuel recipts in the glovebox (with the owners permission) and finally came to one for over half a tank of petrol....a month previously! lol Literally no issues with it except the poor starting lol......... Drained the tank, changed fuel filter and put fresh diesel in and was fine, of course I can't say whether his fuel pump died prematurely afterwards but I was surprised how well it took it!
Meh if it has a Bosch pump just chuck half a tank of veg in with the petrol and you will be fine haha
Pages: 1 2