306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Engine mounts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hopfully this is the correct section. As it kinda is to do with handeling

Is there such thing as uprated engine mounts fora d turbo? Think one or more has gone as im getting a clunk when i put my foot on the loud peddle and then take it off again.
Yes there is...

But because the Diesel is quite shaky on idle, they rattle EVERYTHING in the car. I've got a set of Baker BMs and they're pretty horrendous, they stiffen the engine no end, you'll remove any clunks that go on when you come on/off the throttle.. But they do shake like hell...

I'd personally go for stock ones if it's anything but a destined fast road/track car... If it's a daily driver, don't even think about it...
Thanks, also i think you should double check your profile and sig!
enless thats your preference!
Maybe get the uprated top mount and gearbox mount and a standard lower mount. Woul stiffen it a bit!
That's exactly what I've got, Baker BM upper right and gearbox, and a stock lower mount... And everything shakes, I'm scared to put the lower one in!!!
I'm going for the full lot, but I do have a petrol! Haha.
You'll be fine... They do shake a little, but they are a bit chronic on a Diesel..
Ye I've heard the can be bad!
Want to get all the mounts for mine!! My top mount lasted 2000 miles last time
Why only 2000?
Cause it gets driven hard ha ha
Fair enough! Doing mine on Saturday!
Jonny a full set will be fine on yours, you dont have any interior trim to rattle LOL

TBH there is only 2 rattles on mine and both are getting sorted soon
(crap in glove box and stereo surround)
Yeh will be going for a full set
Good man!