306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Drift trike
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone interested in these? Or built one? Just finished mine but didnt take any pictures along the way. It was a damn fun way to spend a few hours!

Getting rear axle mocked up!
[Image: null-1.jpg]

All welded and sprayed
[Image: null-2.jpg]

Drift sleeves to go over rear tyres
[Image: null-3.jpg]

All done!!
[Image: null.jpg]

This was my first go at welding, it started off messy but once i got the hang of it, well it seemed to go alright! And is holding up well Smile
they look like loads of fun haha
[Image: 168335_10151582930582485_1616869918_n.jpg]

That is all.
For anyone who hasnt seen these...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNZCZsHJIR8

Looks amazing! Now go and get a video of it Big Grin

bucket seat yo!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SPECIAL-OFFER-...4ab786ae65
OH GOD THAT SEAT WOULD BE AWESOME! i did think of the cobra bucket we have in the shed! ive gotta go find a suitable hill tomorrow, or convince the missus to tow me behind her car Tongue
i want one so bad! what parts did you use?
I bet that's a scream!
(06-05-2013, 07:02 PM)Ben Jay Wrote: [ -> ]i want one so bad! what parts did you use?

cut your car in half and your half way there !
just an old bmx, cut the top tube off and welded that into the rear drop outs, got some 16mm bar from b&q(£5), welded that in, got some sackbarrow wheels (£10) can post a link if i can find it, and needed 10inch PVC pipe... only stuff i could find was "Drift Sleeves" on ebay (£25), then a school seat!
Just not enough hills near here to make building one worthwhile, would love one though
Awesome. Im makeing one soon need to buy a welder first tho.

got almost everything to build one.

gunna build a trailer for my bike first tho. Kinds like a BOB YAK thing. Single wheel with suspension and should hold about 12-13 stone total.

anywhore back to the trike. It looks awesome mate but some vids up asap
Is deffo worth giving it ago, they sell for like £80 so even if you cNt use it you might make a bit of money! And was fun making it! One thing id say is the rear axle needs to be alot wider for better stability!
(06-05-2013, 07:50 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: [ -> ]Just not enough hills near here to make building one worthwhile, would love one though

Exactly the reason I've not got one too :-(
(06-05-2013, 08:45 PM)4WayDiablo Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-05-2013, 07:50 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: [ -> ]Just not enough hills near here to make building one worthwhile, would love one though

Exactly the reason I've not got one too :-(

+1. We would have to do a lake district trip every year for everyone to have one... and then it may be a bit dangerous on a public road in the height of summer Big Grin
Might have to make one of these..
Saw the videos the other day, and my mate from work is building one
looks like so much fun, i know some brilliant hilly roads to use one on too, think i better get building
This is more my style!!!

HMMMM I have a spare pit bike hanging about.........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q82iYIqTfTc