306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Tips on headlights
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here they are! Nearly ready to go, well just waiting on one side to dry off as I only sealed that today, looking very sexy.

[Image: 397918_10200352186621686_819430648_n.jpg]

Pictures not too great but you get the idea.

So... On to fitting... as one is ready I thought I'd go have a look thinking it would be a simple in and out... Pretty much instantly snapped a hockey stick clip on the passenger side... Oopsie. The clip had only snapped on one side and went back in as I've decided to leave it till both can go on at once.Then couldnt for the life of me get the black clip off of the grill panel.

Easiest way of going about doing this? Are there shops that I can get replacements if i just snap them all? Tongue

Oh and just for lols, here's where I reversed into a wall.

[Image: 940969_10200352186541684_252155895_n.jpg]
nice mods . . . . . . . . .lmao
I thought it would be classed as "Exterior" my bad if it's wrong place.
(05-05-2013, 01:03 PM)MRiches Wrote: [ -> ]I thought it would be classed as "Exterior" my bad if it's wrong place.

it's not that, blackmask headlights fair play, but also snapped hockey stick and cracked bumper . .lol
These look nice mate, how long did they take you to do?
(05-05-2013, 01:27 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-05-2013, 01:03 PM)MRiches Wrote: [ -> ]I thought it would be classed as "Exterior" my bad if it's wrong place.

it's not that, blackmask headlights fair play, but also snapped hockey stick and cracked bumper . .lol

Ahah yeh the bumper i just wasn't looking lol. Learnt my lesson.

(05-05-2013, 01:28 PM)declantg Wrote: [ -> ]These look nice mate, how long did they take you to do?

Not long to be honest, difficulty getting the first light apart as I didn't have a clue but second came apart much easier. Then it was just a case of sanding, priming and painting. They could be better messed up in a few places but can hardly see now they're together. Taken me about a week? I bought the lights separate so i could still drive my car and just case I completely ruined them as I'm pretty useless.
Lights look good mate, IIRC the clips are pretty cheap from pug for the hockey sticks and if you mean the black clips along the top of the grill try using a fork Tongue you need to pop the middle bit up then they pull out
(05-05-2013, 01:54 PM)rocker8742 Wrote: [ -> ]Lights look good mate, IIRC the clips are pretty cheap from pug for the hockey sticks and if you mean the black clips along the top of the grill try using a fork Tongue you need to pop the middle bit up then they pull out

Cheers buddy! A fork! How did i not think of that before. I'll give it another go once I have spares Tongue
Fork? Spoon would be better... And a proper trim clip tool, even better still lol bunch of monkeys on here i swear Tongue
(05-05-2013, 02:08 PM)Connor Wrote: [ -> ]Fork? Spoon would be better... And a proper trim clip tool, even better still lol bunch of monkeys on here i swear Tongue

Spoon? I see why fork is because you then have the prongs on either side of the clip to give it leverage and pull out. Considering I only bought my first lot of tools last week and didn't have a screwdriver before that... a fork will do haha.
I think my trim tool has to be my most used tool!! After big hammer and pry bar of course lol