306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Fuel pump upgrade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Lookin at a nice pump upgrade. Is it true that the 406/c5 2.2hdi pumps are the same internally as the bmw pumps but bolt straight on to the 306 hdi engine
Yup

If combined with a 1.6 HDI fprs and all mapped should see enough fuel to ra*e the stock blower...
Oh dear lol who is the best for hybrid turbos. Would a xud kkk ot t2 fit an hdi
Those turbos are worse if anything mate, you want to upgrade lol. The gt20 series is a popular route to go.
The thing is i was looking for a hassle free swap without having to make adaptors hense the hybrid route
Up to you, it depends on your budget really - hybrids are fairly big money.
I was told around 300 to get the stock unit hybrid but unsure of were it was i had to get it done
Id ask dum dum, he made the hybrid that im using on my hdi...

With regards to fuel pumps, if you go to commonraildiesels.com they do refurbed pumps and will give you £50 for your old one
So ask for a refurbed 406/c5 pump and give mine as part ex... Ill pm dum dum now
yeah, just need to buy it and select the 50 surcharge option
Awsome. I may buy a blown stpck turbo an iveco ko3 and send it away to get the ko3 hybrid into the stock unit.
Is the pump upgrade pointless on a stage 1? Or even a limited torque stage 2?
yeah id say so
Yes. Unless you're buying a refurb anyway, it which case it seems daft not to, as the price is usually pretty close.
yeah what he said! Might be a tad more efficient, but for the initail cost it'd take you 10years to see your money back!
It won't be more efficient, it just pumps more fuel.
Just thought it might be worth changing seeing as I'm fitting a new cambelt in a couple of weeks. But I thought it might be pointless on a stage 1.
It is pretty pointless in terms of bang for buck, especially if you don't need to change it anyway. The only time it'd be worth it imo is if you're planning to go beyond fmic etc. Besides, it's easy enough to change, it's not like it needs timing up like a dt does, when I fitted mine I just locked off the cam and tensioner and cable tied the belt back so the timing couldnt move.
Well im looking for a good reliable stage 2 160ish with a good amount of torque without blowing the turbo or the pump bring maxed. Eg the hybrid and 406/c5 fuel pump and a good fmic set up
tbh mate, you can make that on a standard setup fairly easily with just a clutch and fmic and a decent map
But the turbo and pump are only good reliably for mayby 150 max with resonable torque without going bang i was told??
A lot of what people say is only hear say, if the pump/turbo can't keep up at 150hp then they were probably on there way out anyway.. there is no 'good for xxxHP reliably' on standard parts as at the end of the day they were only designed to run at 90hp.. (Engine wise) Our HDi is on standard everything appart from the FMIC and exhaust and thats been over 155hp for well over a year now with no issues.. Jonnys HDi on the old turbo setup made almost 170hp on standard pump and turbo..
(09-05-2013, 09:16 PM)hdi shaun Wrote: [ -> ]But the turbo and pump are only good reliably for mayby 150 max with resonable torque without going bang i was told??

Whoever told you that has bad information, might want to take what they say with a pinch of salt. Wink
Who is the best mapper to be able to map it properly??
IMO... TB, although he's based far away so it'd probably be easier to get pro_steve to do it
If i was to put the bigger pump on and map it would it destroy the turbo or just make it easier to map?? Or am i better of sticking to the stock items and doing it that way
it wouldn't really do anything tbh.. the map is what tells the engine where to put the fuel in and how much.. you could dump in as much fuel as you want but the turbo will only be able to pump as much air as it's design allows.. personally, don't bother with uprating the pump unless your planning on uprating the turbo too, but then if you're going to be doing that, you might as well uprate the injectors to make the most of it.. it starts getting expensive.. the turbo is probably the single most restrictive thing on a standard HDi though tbh
And if i was to upgrade the turbo which is the best way. Hybrid or a complete new unit custom fitted
hybrid is probably the 'easiest' but almost guaranteed to be more expensive.. if it was me, i'd find a suitable blower off another car/van/truck and then weld it on/make some adapter plates..
(10-05-2013, 01:38 PM)hdi shaun Wrote: [ -> ]...a complete new unit custom fitted

What do you mean by this exactly, like getting a company to build a totally custom turbo exactly to your spec?
Pages: 1 2