306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Aux Belt Setup (new one needed)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Would someone mind assisting in letting me know which bits to buy?

I want to replace my full aux belt setup (phase 2, aircon) but I don't want to end up with the wrong bits and fail half way through.

Preferably stuff i can pick up today, but depends if its going to be £ra*e
why?

Just get a new aux belt it only has one
He want's the tensioners too I think Jimmy ...
phone euro parts give your reg ask for aux belt and tensioner they will get it in by the afternoon if not in stock.
Yeah but that implies ECP know what they are doing/wont give me the wrong part...

I'd rather know what im getting in advance so they dont screw it up
Post on the '6 forum.

Believe it or not ECP aren't actually that incompetent... I'm setting myself up for a fall here, but I've NEVER had an issue with a part they've supplied...
Ok, ed, I'll phone them.

If its wrong, your coming to fix it Tongue

Also not paying to post on the 6 forum.
ha they never get it wrong......apart from my cat........middlebox........brake switch........
(03-05-2013, 09:59 AM)Jimmyboycheck Wrote: [ -> ]ha they never get it wrong......apart from my cat........middlebox........brake switch........

All of the above, i remember that pain
Anyway, since im an idiot:

can someone tell me what a parts make up the aux belt system??

1. Aux belt.. obviously
2. Drive belt tensioner?
3. Crankshaft pulley?

.. done?
power steering pulley
so 2x pulleys 1x tensioner and a belt?
Is the PAS pulley not part of the pump though?

Why so many questions? Just batter in a new tensioner and belt, job jobbed. Unless your crank pulley's slipped, then get one of them too.
(03-05-2013, 10:31 AM)cwspellowe Wrote: [ -> ]Is the PAS pulley not part of the pump though?

Why so many questions? Just batter in a new tensioner and belt, job jobbed. Unless your crank pulley's slipped, then get one of them too.

I dont know.

Why so many questions? Because i don't know anything.

Its all about getting the right tensioner and belt and however many there are. If im going to replace the aux belt setup, i might as well do the lot in 1 go surely?
just belt and tensioner/thread
awesome, so no more clearer than when i started Rolleyes
Got to motor factor, give them the reg, with air con, "aux belt and tensioner please".

Done.
Phoned ECP

They are gonna order it in

£132 all in, fecking gti6tax.

Soo.... anyone fancy helping me fit it tomorrow? Big Grin
(03-05-2013, 12:44 PM)Fooby Wrote: [ -> ]Soo.... anyone fancy helping me fit it tomorrow? Big Grin

Was wondering when that question would be asked...

I'm busy man, sorry
I'd help if you were somewhere near ooh, i dunno.. kendal?
Nope I'm not about to help. Is that with the club 25% discount that I'm assuming you didn't even know we had? Lol
No its not, it will be £99 Smile, i did know about it, but i cant get it till i rock up tomorrow.

I will be doing this myself anyway, i did the aux belt on my DT. I just wanted someone to be around in case of any issues/second opinions
Club discount doesnt work this weekend as they have 25% off everything 'cosbankholidaysaleyousee