306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Boston Z6 audiophile components for reluctant sale
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It is with regret that I'm now offering up for sale my beautiful much sought after Z6 components.
They are up for sale due to the fact that my priorities have changed recently as has the direction of the audio I'd planned for my dtub and I don't think I'll be able to afford to do the install I want and to the level of finish I want to do these speakers justice.
They will easily take 400watts RMS input without distorting and still sound as pure and natural as you would expect from a pair of components that originally were marketed in the region of £1,300 when they were launched and were rated at 5stars out of 5 by the majority of the car audio world including Mr Adam Rayner.
Anyway these speakers come complete in their original box with original unused gaskets, fittings and even the foam packaging is designed to be used as a baffle behind the speakers by the manufacturers.
As far as I'm aware these speakers are new old stock ex display and have not been used in an install - I certainly haven't used them. They are currently configured as co-axials as the design of these speakers allow for this. The crossovers are also included and are bloody massive brick like things.
Sadly these speakers rarely come up for sale and even less frequently in this condition.
£425 posted recorded and insured delivery.
If you are serious and want photographs in detail of these speakers then please feel free to contact me and I will send them to you.
There is more info available on the net on these speakers
[Image: uzuqagy4.jpg]
Ok so maybe a little pricey for some people but these are in a league of their own above Focal & Seas etc.
I am willing to listen to sensible offers and may also consider a p/x on some quality coil overs for my dtub
Out of the price range of most pug owners lol
I would love a set of these but j can't justify that cost in a car that doesn't get used often. Would go well with my Boston amp though....
To be honest Nial they would be perfectly matched to that amp.
Most people haven't got a clue about how good this earlier Boston stuff is and unless it says focal on the box then they're not going to buy them - that's their loss but you can always justify better quality speakers if you can hear the difference and get more enjoyment from them.
You're better off putting them somewhere with a wider audience, Pistonheads maybe. Not many 306 owners are going to be able to justify it, there's a reason Focal are popular
Put them on talk audio. Will go on there in seconds
Curt - I get what you're saying I really do but I just thought I'd offer them on here first so I could free up the cash and maybe get a set of adjustables in the process.
ill buy half a gti6 insteadBig Grin
Sam - knowing you, you'll buy the half without the engine in that wont go anywhere but just sit there doing nothing lol
(04-05-2013, 10:48 AM)ash240970 Wrote: [ -> ]Sam - knowing you, you'll buy the half without the engine in that wont go anywhere but just sit there doing nothing lol

And then write a guide about it

ninja
(04-05-2013, 11:03 AM)declantg Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-05-2013, 10:48 AM)ash240970 Wrote: [ -> ]Sam - knowing you, you'll buy the half without the engine in that wont go anywhere but just sit there doing nothing lol

And then write a guide about it

ninja

lmao

D: Why do i suddenly have this reputation? D:

But yes... i would write a guide Tongue