306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Cooling fan issues, cant find the bitron controller
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Right I'm stumped be trying for weeks to get the fans to work on my car, the cars a 306 hdi estate Y reg with AC, first checked all the fuses, then the relays which look like new g cartier ones, pulled the wiring connection off cleaned it up still nothing. The thing i don't understand I've been looking for the bitron unit under the wheel arch liner and cant find one at all. Tried bridging the connections on the brown plug both 1/2 and 1/3 and the fans didn't budge. Did some late 306's not have a bitron unit maybe controlled by the ecu instead ? Could both fans be dead is there anyway to check ?
yes late hdi was ecu controlled no bitron unit
Ah balls not liking the sound of that, is it likely to be dead fans instead? Would plugging it in to a code reader tell me whats up with it if its ecu controlled ?
Peugeot planet can test the fans via the ecu outputs
but do check the fuses first as i think there are three fo the hdi system

and yes it is likely that 1 fan has packed up not letting the fans work at slow speed
easy to test though via the relay sockets with the relays removed

i had an issue with one fan fubard so one only worked at full speed and none at low speed
replaced the faulty fan and now both work

drawings here for the hdi 3 plug ECU

http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-11246-po...#pid223155
My HDi had a brown unit marked 'Bitron' up by the ECU. Is that the same as the old black box on the XUDs or is Bitron just a maker?
(30-04-2013, 08:15 AM)Toms306 Wrote: [ -> ]My HDi had a brown unit marked 'Bitron' up by the ECU. Is that the same as the old black box on the XUDs or is Bitron just a maker?

Think that has something to do with the fuel pump, bitron is the manufacturer peugeot use g cartier ones too, the one by my ecu is black on mine. Going to wait till the weekend and take the bumper off see if i can run direct wires to the fans to check if they work