306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: MOT fail rear parking brake 8% efficient :S
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Right so had issues with rear N/S caliper siezing on sorted out and works fine but just failed mot as O/S rear isnt working brakes fine just handbrake

Im thinking strip and rebuild tomorrow and then adjust handbrake cable to suite

Any tips?
Mine was 0% lol.

Adjust cable, i put a 8mm washer on to take up slack.
Might be worth popping the hand brake cable out of the caliper and checking its free
Gona strip caliper and pul a new cable on a think
8%!!! :o wtf mate!! Big Grin
8%? Has to be the most efficient Peugeot handbrake in the U.K. lol
Lol........you know 16% is the legal minimum......I always wondered how anyone could use a car with only 16% handbrake..........but 8% really is bad haha!
And the award for the shittest handbrake in the UK goes too.. :p
Fixed got all chassis welding done this morning got a new cable for rear and all sorted Smile cable had siezed up caliper was fine got 50% efficiency now Smile

[Image: 20130429_094358.jpg]

[Image: 20130429_100629.jpg]
a little hole lol
just get the duck tape out, lol but 8% and i thought mine was bad at 17%
Nice bit of the orange stuff there CJ!
I know is 2year post, but i have the similar hole on mine peugeot and also rear N/S caliper stuck! How you sorted the welding and the caliper,new piston or just cleaned them up?
He used new handbrake cables
Grease up the sliders and sand the face of the pads and disc, never failed me yet.
I changed my cables, i have the piston stucked... Regarding the hole, did he welded with a metal sheet?