306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: TPS multimeter testing results
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well following on from this thread I tested my TPS using a multi meter and Autodata instructions provided by Cully here: http://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?aid=6617

The results are...odd I can't figure it out.

The voltage seems to be changing smoothly with the movement of the TPS as it should, but the values are way off? According to Autodata it should change between 0.2V at closed throttle and 5V at WOT. Unless I'm being a complete retard (which is quite likely) mine only seems to be like 2.3 - 5.9mV? I don't understand why it would seem to be working as it should but only like 1000 times as weak?

The other thing is I can't seem to get a 5V supply voltage but I was measuring that wrong (measuring with TPS plugged in rather than measuring multiplug directly), will double check that tomorrow.

The car definitely feels better to drive with the TPS unplugged so it must be faulty in some way.

Video of testing below:
cant read the scale on the meter nor the setting nor can i see the lead connections

video is not a lot of help

double check your pin connections on the plug
(27-04-2013, 08:20 PM)cully Wrote: [ -> ]cant read the scale on the meter nor the setting nor can i see the lead connections

video is not a lot of help

double check your pin connections on the plug

Scale on the meter is "200m", it reads 00.0mV.

Image of lead connections below, just three bits of wire with male/female connector things and a bit stripped out the middle for crocodile clips.

[Image: 2013-04-27190542.jpg]
Tested the supply voltage today on both live vs ground on the pins multiplug and live pin vs ground on the gearbox and it's on 4.99V so all good.

I assume there can't be a problem with the ground if the supply voltage is coming through fine?

Which means my TPS is just under reading massively by the looks of things? Anyone?
I don't know enough about electrics to be of any real help unfortunately mate, but are you sure the sire youre using to test the voltage with isn't skewing the data?
Your ignition is on yeah?!?

And yeah, they should read about 0.2 to 5v at WOT... Thats Volts not mV...

Sounds like your TPS has packed up.
I don't think there's a problem with the wires Ed, it looks bodged up but I also used it to test the MAP sensor and the readings came back spot on.

I think so to Ruan, even if there was some sort of weird resistance problem it would still be going from 2.3 - 50.9mV if it was following the correct voltage increase.

Bought a new second hand one for £45 so all's good, will chuck that on next weekend.