306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: HELP:Rev counter (sensor)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(1.9 dturbo) My rev counter does not working so would like to know where it gets its feed from I.e gearbox, alternator or from the tdc sensor. Also I will check the plug going to the cluster see if it has come loose tomorrow but everything else on there works.
Ok so I've been told it gets its feed from the tdc sensor. Should the engine stop if I unplug it and the sensor is working. I've just unplugged mine with the engine running and it didn't effect it at all
Anyone? Help
it's a white plug on the gearbox iirc mate . . unplug, clean and plug back in . .Smile
(30-04-2013, 09:57 AM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: [ -> ]it's a white plug on the gearbox iirc mate . . unplug, clean and plug back in . .Smile

Think that's the reverse light in the on the gearbox bell housing the rev counter sensor connects near the back of the engine I think by the flywheel.
Can anyone help me I've replaced this part with the correct one and it is still not working

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewite...0744796102

Is there and think I can check to try and troubleshoot the problem. Also I have had the cluster out twice to check the connection.
Ok I've put a multi meter going from the sensor connector to the alternator and that's coming back with a ohms reading and there is 1 more cable coming off it which I presume is the one going to the gauge but I have no idea what pin it is on the connector for the gauge
[Image: enuzu6a2.jpg]
The wires go into 21 and 22 so would that relate to pin 21 and 22 on the cluster connector
I have the same problem aaron! Bump!
(14-05-2013, 09:11 PM)scottbmxer Wrote: [ -> ]I have the same problem aaron! Bump!

Had any luck trying to trouble shoot the problem.
What colour plug does that lead connector plug into mate? My counter isnt working also..
Mine works when I first start the car and then after like 5 or so mins when its warm it stops working! If you have a similar problem to me its prob because it needs cleaning

Sorry just read u replaced the part! Was it not working at all before? Did it just die all of a sudden and never come bac on?
(30-05-2013, 05:19 PM)Scott_GT Wrote: [ -> ]What colour plug does that lead connector plug into mate? My counter isnt working also..

Which plugs do you mean. On the back of the speedo or in the engine bay.

(30-05-2013, 05:21 PM)scottbmxer Wrote: [ -> ]Mine works when I first start the car and then after like 5 or so mins when its warm it stops working! If you have a similar problem to me its prob because it needs cleaning

Sorry just read u replac

I've replaced mine but not sure if I pushed it in to far because then I look inbetween the flywheel and the sensor it looks super like bare metal so not sure if it has took a piece of the top but didn't hear any thing when I first started it.
Hi, I didn't have a rev counter on my 96 xud for 2 years then I recently did a gearbox change and found the sensor was unscrewed under the block.
I just knocked it back in, slightly touching the fly wheel and put a new screw in and it's worked fine since. Drive shaft might have to come off for access though.
Ok so I have pushed my sensor all the way in then backed it off slightly and still nothing except for very slight movement when turning over. [Image: jyzy7umu.jpg] but when my battery went flat a last week the clocks did this[Image: ybuda5eb.jpg] so there is power going to it.
Anyone had any luck yet. Just noticed this in my old threads and mine is still not working but tbh I haven't used the car since November. Ha. It still doesn't work though because I start it regularly and want to get it back on the road now and thought I might as well have another crack at this while I'm sorting other things.
It will be the sensor gap. jack the car up and leave it running, pull the sensor most of the way out and slowly tap it back in while getting someone to watch for then the rev counter starts working