306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Clutch abit strange?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If I just lean my foot on the clutch pedal the car shoots off like I've stabbed the accelerator?

The clutch dosen't slip at all.

This is a 406 with a hydraulic clutch.

Anyone got any ideas?
What? Lean on the clutch and the car goes?....what you on about lol??
What!!!
That. Makes. f*ck. All. Sense.
Right if I'm driving at a steady 30mph and I rest my foot on the clutch it starts accelerating.
wtaf lmao
Clutch is on the left yeah.
Think we need a vid of this Sam..... :?

The ONLY thing that I can think of thats possibly linked is the clutch switch...so when you bang the clutch in, the ECU adjusts the revs slightly to smooth the ride....if thats faulty I guess something like the above could happen.....it sounds very unlikely though! Confusedhock:
It is really odd. At first the 406 was jerky as hell and I thought it was air in the fuel. But then I realised it only happens when I rest my foot on the clutch.
And if I slowly rest my foot on the clutch (which at a steady speed) the car will start accelerating. It is really strange.

Although I didn't think about the clutch switch!

I have learned to take my foot completley off the clutch now, but it is a little annoying.
Tbh, you shouldn't rest your foot on the clutch anyway....foot should only be on the clutch to change gear. Thats why you have a foot rest to the left. Big Grin
Toms306 Wrote:Tbh, you shouldn't rest your foot on the clutch anyway....foot should only be on the clutch to change gear. Thats why you have a foot rest to the left. Big Grin
My Focus didn't have one, so I got used to resting my foot on the clutch lol
Don't rest your foot on the clutch, it'll slowly wear out the release bearing Wink
And will be constantly slipping wearing out the friction plate. Pet hate is people riding the clutch, your taught not to in your driving lessons/test. Sheeesh.
Bailes1992 Wrote:
Toms306 Wrote:Tbh, you shouldn't rest your foot on the clutch anyway....foot should only be on the clutch to change gear. Thats why you have a foot rest to the left. Big Grin
My Focus didn't have one, so I got used to resting my foot on the clutch lol

Fair enough.....cheap Ford crap....... Tongue

Seriously though, don't do it! Wink
The clutch is not slipping, actually the biting point is right at the bottom of the pedal.