306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Calling ICE genius'!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yo, basically i took my front speaker covers off today to see what the vibration was and i was greeted by this:
[Image: BIoU8-GCEAUi0xQ.jpg:large]
thanks to pendulum i now need new front speakers!
Buuttt.. i have a budget of £35 for 17cm components...
I've already acquired manual adjustment mirror covers which have a divit and a small hole..therefore perfect for a tweeter to fit...i also have a alpine 3522s amp (bought on ebay for nout when i was drunk last year)
My knowledge of ICE is pretty poor so i need your help to reccomend me a component set and wiring kit and help with wiring and mounting them and the amp!
cheersAngel
Omg I fancy blasting some pendulum!
thats f*cked. The technical term....

FLI Comp6s. Under £30 and easy to wire. its extremely easy. 16.5cm is the size for the 306 however they need to be shallow mount!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fli-FI6-F3-Com...3a6d7c9d84

You dont need an amp for components. And manual mirror covers are the worst for tweeters. The kit comes with all the stuff to mount them in normal tweeter covers so all you have to do is dremmel out a large hole.

you wont find much cheaper.
whats the mounting depth on the front does anyone know? dont want to be chopping up behind the speakers, gotta sell this thing in october!
(24-04-2013, 07:44 PM)aaronshort Wrote: [ -> ]whats the mounting depth on the front does anyone know? dont want to be chopping up behind the speakers, gotta sell this thing in october!

Think its 5.5cm not 100% sure though
the fli's are 5.7. bugger
You don't need to amp them but it would make a big difference.
the FLI Comp 6s are fine. I have them and they fit perfectly. I wouldnt have recommended them otherwise!

Normally i cant distinguish too well between good and crap but when i put them in the estate and removed the stock speakers there was a definite improvement. Make sure you set £20 aside for a pack of silent coat to dampen rattles and seal the doors.
buying the fli's soon, any advice on wiring them?
its super easy. I cut off the original speaker yellow blocks. soldered the crossover wires to that. Then the rest all fits together as part of the kit. There is a diagram included. Its really easy. Hardest bit is mounting the cross over somewhere! You need to make sure you can fit the door car on! I used cable ties to secure it as the double sided foam supplied comes off!
I really need to invest in some comps. My kenwood coaxles up front arnt enough to overcome the 6x9s in the rear so I just get rear sound from upfront. If I adjust them I loose the base so cant win.