306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: GTi 6 Manifold Swap
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone who's done this, how did you get the coolant hose on the rear of the engine not to make contact with the manifold?

Cheers
Cable ties. Serious.
Or just use the modified gti hoses i gave you when i broke my 1.8. Job done!
Turbo it Tongue sorts everything out!
(24-04-2013, 04:44 PM)Niall Wrote: [ -> ]Or just use the modified gti hoses i gave you when i broke my 1.8. Job done!

Thats all well and good, but i don't have the lower one, that goes into the back of the block Sad
Errr you do because they are moulded together in several positions!
I don't think so mate. The one from the base of the block to the metal pipe going up the back of the block. Not the two from the matrix. I've got them Smile Just the other one is scarily close to the manifold atm
you have to buy the hose specific to the 6, it is completly different, instead of being u shaped its straight and comes complete with the metal part going across the back of the engine, but then you have to change the thermostat housing as well, as the hose has an extra sprout on it which connects to the extra sprout on the thermostat
Cable-Ties FTW.

Heater hose was also wrapped in heat-protective shizzle for less bum-twitching when the temperature needle started to rise...