306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: xud -better in petrol or diesel ???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I've got a d turbo n wondering if its worth selling up for the petrol version ??
opinions
petrol version? the 1.8? XSi? or GTi-6?
XU-Diesel ............ dont think they do a petrol?

awaits the XUD vs XU10 argument ...... Popcorn
Dont go petrol derv's so much more fun
Depends on what you want really. For instant power and noise go for a gti6. But you'll be using a lot of fuel. If you're prepared to modify it yourself, you'll be able to get an xud to be faster than the gti, it'll be more fun and cheaper to fuel as well!
The equivalent on the XUD is actaully a 1.6 if you're working on standard horsepower....

So, no, definitely don't go petrol haha! lol
(24-04-2013, 12:29 PM)Toms306 Wrote: [ -> ]The equivalent on the XUD is actaully a 1.6 if you're working on standard horsepower....

Well that's bollocks, cos the 1.6 is a TU engine and completely different. And in terms of power, the XUD will leave the 1.6 standing.
(24-04-2013, 12:34 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote: [ -> ]
(24-04-2013, 12:29 PM)Toms306 Wrote: [ -> ]The equivalent on the XUD is actaully a 1.6 if you're working on standard horsepower....

Well that's bollocks, cos the 1.6 is a TU engine and completely different. And in terms of power, the XUD will leave the 1.6 standing.

When they were brought out, the 1.9 DTurbo was the equaivalent to the 1.6 XS. Both 90bhp as standard....both the same spec list.
Well technically the xsara is the citroen equivalent of the 306, the moment you actually drive one you know its a load of bollocks though. Rolleyes

Have you been hanging out with Piggy or something?
(24-04-2013, 01:10 PM)Poodle Wrote: [ -> ]Well technically the xsara is the citroen equivalent of the 306, the moment you actually drive one you know its a load of bollocks though. Rolleyes

Have you been hanging out with Piggy or something?

Uhhh wrong the 306 is actually the peugeot equivalent of the citreon ZX . ffs get you facts right Tongue
Might want to double check you know what you're on about before correcting someone Jamie Tongue the XU10J4RS was in the GTi-6 and Xsara VTS, the suspension is nigh on the same. The was the equivalent of the phase 1 306 effectively Wink
Bunch of f*cking anoraks, you should all take something for your adenoids
OWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

someone say Adenoids?
(24-04-2013, 01:26 PM)Scott Wrote: [ -> ]Might want to double check you know what you're on about before correcting someone Jamie Tongue the XU10J4RS was in the GTi-6 and Xsara VTS, the suspension is nigh on the same. The was the equivalent of the phase 1 306 effectively Wink

where are you getting xu10j4rs from?? i though we were talking 1.6 8v and XUD ??? so nuuuuuhhhhh
(24-04-2013, 01:40 PM)puglove Wrote: [ -> ]
(24-04-2013, 01:26 PM)Scott Wrote: [ -> ]Might want to double check you know what you're on about before correcting someone Jamie Tongue the XU10J4RS was in the GTi-6 and Xsara VTS, the suspension is nigh on the same. The was the equivalent of the phase 1 306 effectively Wink

where are you getting xu10j4rs from?? i though we were talking 1.6 8v and XUD ??? so nuuuuuhhhhh

OP Wrote:xud -better in petrol or diesel

XUD9

or

XU10j4

Seems straightforward to me Tongue
ahhh feck off the lot of you. im gona go do some work instead of being on this crappy forum atleast i wont get picked on

/Slams door on the way out
You can take your saxo while you're on your way lol
Its a little confusing as the OP says XUD better in petrol or diesel

Considering there is no "XUD" petrol then we have to guess haha
Like for like I'm with tom. 90bhp to 90bhp 1.6

But who knows what the op meant until he explains what he means a little better
(24-04-2013, 01:50 PM)4WayDiablo Wrote: [ -> ]Its a little confusing as the OP says XUD better in petrol or diesel

Considering there is no "XUD" petrol then we have to guess haha
Like for like I'm with tom. 90bhp to 90bhp 1.6

But who knows what the op meant until he explains what he means a little better

You can be with Tom. It's a free country, nothing to stop you (even Tom tbh).

But you're still wrong Tongue
So because it shares the same first two letters its an equivalent engine?
(24-04-2013, 01:55 PM)4WayDiablo Wrote: [ -> ]So because it shares the same first two letters its an equivalent engine?

the equivalent CC yes!.

and scott i will just go start my own 306 forum where people with saxos arnt bullied!!!!!!! Tongue
(24-04-2013, 02:00 PM)puglove Wrote: [ -> ]
(24-04-2013, 01:55 PM)4WayDiablo Wrote: [ -> ]So because it shares the same first two letters its an equivalent engine?

the equivalent CC yes!.

Xu10 lumps are 1905cc!?!?!
(24-04-2013, 02:00 PM)puglove Wrote: [ -> ]

the equivalent CC yes!.

and scott i will just go start my own 306 forum where people with saxos arnt bullied!!!!!!! Tongue

Nope, lol, the xu9 is 1905cc, the xu10 is 1998cc.

Go get your coat Tongue
Is that coat to stop himself getting covered by the women gushing at the sound of your adenoids?
(24-04-2013, 02:03 PM)Scott Wrote: [ -> ]Is that coat to stop himself getting covered by the women gushing at the sound of your adenoids?

Frothing, Scott. Frothing.
stop being such bellends you no what i mean. as in it would be the closest equivelenr engine size.

god no wonder im stressed having to deal with you lot all the time!
(24-04-2013, 02:18 PM)puglove Wrote: [ -> ]stop being such bellends you no what i mean. as in it would be the closest equivelenr engine size.

Yeah but the DW10 is close in engine size..?

I thought you said you were going to to 'work' or whatever that is?
lol

Don't worry Jamie we're just playing, we love you really.
(24-04-2013, 02:19 PM)Ed Doe Wrote: [ -> ]
(24-04-2013, 02:18 PM)puglove Wrote: [ -> ]stop being such bellends you no what i mean. as in it would be the closest equivelenr engine size.

Yeah but the DW10 is close in engine size..?

I thought you said you were going to to 'work' or whatever that is?

The hdi wasnt an option tho. so meh Tongue

and i would do some work but have none to do so sorta shit out on that one lol.

(24-04-2013, 02:25 PM)Scott Wrote: [ -> ]lol

Don't worry Jamie we're just playing, we love you really.

<3
holy crapola....thread off topic or what!

and why am I getting abuse when I aint even commented yet!

surely the OP is just confused?!
Pages: 1 2 3