306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: What's it worth thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not really sure if it's worth selling my car as a whole, or breaking it. There are pros/cons to both really. I need an estate for space and for towing.

Spec:
Black 3dr Dturbo, shell is on nearly 160k, unsure on engine mileage, around 130k iirc. Paint work is in OK condition.
DHX engine fitted myself. Nothing has fallen off yet!
Lowered 40mm, spax springs, 6 dampers, hybrid ARB on HDI disc beam.
Garrett GT2052s with custom 3" downpipe.
9mm Bosch with gov mod
PH3 bumpers/skirts/headlights
Cyclones
'6 front brakes
PH1 '6 half leather seats in very good condition
EGT and boost gauge. Also oil pressure guage that I think is broken.

probably a few more bits I have forgotten.

Bad bits:
There is an exhaust leak around the turbo area, I took it all apart the other day to fix it, and it was ok for a couple of days, now it's leaking again, so thinking the sealant I used was not up to the job.

There is a slight knock over bumps from the front N/S, not sure what it is, the TRE's, droplinks and ball joints were all replaced within the last 6 months for Lemforder parts.

Oil leak from rocker cover.

Squeeky aux belt tensioner, only fitted a new one a few months ago but the O/S arch liner is missing so I think the rain/snow gets to it too easily and the bearings are dried up.

One of the front calipers is playing up, the pad isn't contacting the whole disc. Hasn't caused any problems yet though, but needs sorting.

One very good point though, the usual rear quarter rust was fully cut out and properly welded up, honestly the best welding I have ever seen. Bonus of having a mechanical engineer as a father-in-law!

If I could get £800ish for it as a whole, I may sell like it is. Or minimum £700 with a standard turbo, which is probably more likely as I will probably want to keep my turbo setup.
Tax/MoT?
By the time it's sold, it will have 11 months tax, i think MOT runs out end of June. I'm not going to MOT it, so I think it's best if I break it..
Need pictorrrrrrs
pictures D:
Look on my project thread, page 3. That's the only recent picture I have, the wheels will not be sold with the car so ignore those..
what milage is the engine? been meaning to buy a dhx to build up as a spare
Apparently when I bought it, it was on 128k, so probably 135k ish by now. Seems a good engine, could probably do with a few new gaskets and injector seals, but if it's being rebuilt then that's not a problem.

Thinking about all this is really heart breaking Sad This car means a lot to me.