306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Wheel change - preferences?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just changed my wheels from nimrods to 1.2s. Didn't like them at first but they've certainly grown on me. 1.2s don't stick out quite so much at the back so shouldn't rub as bad with people in the back. Only downside is the fronts stick out quite a bit more and can hit the arch on bumpy roads when turning.

Anyhow, which do people prefer?

[Image: IMAG0551_zpse4dcc39f.jpg]
[Image: IMAG0553_zpsbdffa414.jpg]
1.2 hands down
1.2's but thats more because they are silver!

Have you still not fitted then skirts you bought from me at fcs?? lol ......................... that was you right?
No I haven't I'm pretty slack like that lol. I'm sure I'll get round to it at some point this year!
Before FCS!!! lol
Probably will be done before then yes but I won't be attending as sadly it clashes with global gathering Sad
Nice shade of pink... lol

I prefer the silver ones though, but if they were both silver, not sure.....
Nimrods look like an oem 1.2
(23-04-2013, 08:23 PM)Toms306 Wrote: [ -> ]Nice shade of pink... lol

I prefer the silver ones though, but if they were both silver, not sure.....

Haha its actually many shades of pink. I only have myself to blame though I've never looked after the paintwork.
It needs slamming on Tom lunns Borbet A's... Il be honest in saying neither wheels do it any favours.. I love the car & it would look epic on different wheels
1.2s are the wrong colour but I still prefer them.
(23-04-2013, 08:37 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: [ -> ]1.2s are the wrong colour but I still prefer them.

Why am I thinking they need to be gold? Is that what you're thinking too?
Don't particularly like the look of borbet A's on 306s, and it can't go any lower than it is atm would be too impractical.

They did look pretty good in gold though, I sort of regretted it as soon as I'd started sanding!

[Image: IMAG0511_zps0908ae24.jpg]
Naaaah dont rate the gold, maybe paint the writting in cherry now they are silver ?
Silver looks awesome man! 1.2s all the way!
gold looks good Smile
I like the silver, looks a lot cleaner.
(23-04-2013, 09:15 PM)puglove Wrote: [ -> ]Naaaah dont rate the gold, maybe paint the writting in cherry now they are silver ?

Yeah I considered that, also thought about yellow/blue lettering, or could just leave them looking clean..

(23-04-2013, 11:11 PM)Ricky Wrote: [ -> ]I like the silver, looks a lot cleaner.

Yeah thats why I like them, sort of goes with the headlights so car looks better overall.
red lettering would be win IMO
White with red lettering would be win..
(24-04-2013, 04:34 PM)Midnightclub Wrote: [ -> ]White with red lettering would be win..

Yeah I thought about doing that and nearly bought some white paint, then clicked on silver for some reason Undecided