306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: What Brand Is This Air Filter?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dad got given this air filter by one of his customers and it needs the flange on the end so I can attach a silicone to it. Got an 'R' branding on it.

[Image: ze8xB6J.jpg]
[Image: e4ZTuaa.jpg]

Thanks Smile
pipercross? unless im being an idiot

EDIT ignore that, definitely not Pipercross
Erm...nevermind.

http://www.rpowerfilters.co.uk/index.asp

Think I'll drop them an email as not sure if anywhere sells flanges for air filters, not finding much atm unless I'm searching for the wrong thing.
Do you know if this is any good? Just been looking at various websites and an induction kit of this "RPower" is about £50. K&N induction kits are £180.

I'm looking to change mine, don't have the tools to get in my box, don't really know whether just to change the filter inside or if its easier to get rid of the housing.
(23-04-2013, 04:05 PM)MRiches Wrote: [ -> ]Do you know if this is any good? Just been looking at various websites and an induction kit of this "RPower" is about £50. K&N induction kits are £180.

I'm looking to change mine, don't have the tools to get in my box, don't really know whether just to change the filter inside or if its easier to get rid of the housing.

Ummm no air filter will really be any good on your car. (being a 1.4) It will most likly increase fuel consuption and decrease power.

IMO you would be better off wit a K&N panel filter

Like so

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/K-N-Air-Filter...589b920de7
Any induction kit should be good for a 1.4, who cares about power when you have bwarp! Big Grin Also it only increases consumption if you drive it harder. Smile
Sound over fuel useage and power isnt good
(23-04-2013, 04:30 PM)puglove Wrote: [ -> ]Sound over fuel useage and power isnt good

Why? Its only a 1.4!

Honestly, I had cones on two of mine, you don't notice the loss in power, infact it 'feels' faster due to the extra noise lol. And as I said, I didn't get worse MPG....it only gets worse cos bwarp is addictive so you end up booting it more...and doing that with a panel filter would give the same loos in mpg lol. Big Grin
On my 106 it was epicly shite on fuel and noticably slower :/
106? Take it that was an SPi then?
ummmmm cant remember tbh , it was a late s2 106
Oh, I don't know when they changed over....

But if it was the same silvertop MPi engine as was in my X and Y reg 1.4s I dunno why yours got worse.
(23-04-2013, 04:19 PM)puglove Wrote: [ -> ]Ummm no air filter will really be any good on your car. (being a 1.4) It will most likly increase fuel consuption and decrease power.

IMO you would be better off wit a K&N panel filter

Like so

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/K-N-Air-Filter...589b920de7

So you're saying keep the housing and just replace the filter in the box with that K&N? I was looking towards a small kit for a nice bit of sound as it needs changing anyway, I was hoping whatever I change it to will help on consumption? IF I don't rag it about?

The cheapest of these kits for example:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PIPERCROSS-IND...4387487b96

Only annoying thing I can't get in the housing to have a gander!
(23-04-2013, 04:57 PM)MRiches Wrote: [ -> ]So you're saying keep the housing and just replace the filter in the box with that K&N? I was looking towards a small kit for a nice bit of sound as it needs changing anyway, I was hoping whatever I change it to will help on consumption? IF I don't rag it about?

The cheapest of these kits for example:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PIPERCROSS-IND...4387487b96

Only annoying thing I can't get in the housing to have a gander!

Correct! The panel filter (the 1 i suggested) is your best chance of fuel consumpsion, also you dont get the issue of heat/water/dirt soak from the engine bay.
Uprated panel filters don't change anything though...honestly, you wont get any noise difference and you'll be gutted you didn't go for a cone. Trust me, I did it on one of my previous cars that I'm not allowed to mention on here lol. Might as well have saved my money and stuck with a paper panel....

Wished I'd gone for a cone afterwards, as I'd had on both my 1.4s and the 1.8.......MPG is down to the driver, not the air filter. Smile
I actually agree with Tom for once... Oh dear
(23-04-2013, 07:24 PM)Curt Wrote: [ -> ]I actually agree with Tom for once... Oh dear

Not coming to brighton on sunday then? Too far for you?
I said I agree, not I AM Tom lol
(23-04-2013, 08:09 PM)Curt Wrote: [ -> ]I said I agree, not I AM Tom lol

Thank f*ck for that, one Tom is more than enough! Confused lol
(23-04-2013, 07:13 PM)Toms306 Wrote: [ -> ]Uprated panel filters don't change anything though...honestly, you wont get any noise difference and you'll be gutted you didn't go for a cone. Trust me, I did it on one of my previous cars that I'm not allowed to mention on here lol. Might as well have saved my money and stuck with a paper panel....

Wished I'd gone for a cone afterwards, as I'd had on both my 1.4s and the 1.8.......MPG is down to the driver, not the air filter. Smile

Well thanks both pug and tom, I personally feel that if I didn't get something that made a bit of noise I would regret it, kinda one of those people. And yeh, I'll try and not rag it too much...

Now to choose which cone and whether I need an induction kit. I will possibly take pictures and make a new thread to get advice Smile
Tbh you're best keeping the money and using it towards something a bit quicker.
Just get a cheapo universal one, it'll make sod all difference to power anyway
Cheap uni one, straight on the body. That's what I did on my 1.6 sounded meaty as f*ck, shame about the lack of power
(23-04-2013, 10:20 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]Cheap uni one, straight on the body. That's what I did on my 1.6 sounded meaty as f*ck, shame about the lack of power

Right, universal cone and straight on, would it fit in the box housing or will I have to get rid of it?
get the filter as far away from a heat source as possible, on a 306 the coolest spot in the bay is behind the passenger side headlight. keep the original air intake hose to increase flow to the cone
just get a cone filter off ebay or a local shop for £15. You dont even need a special pipe. Remove the filter from the air box and then put the new filter onto the end of the airbox. It looks a bit naff and people will think you have two filters but it works. Or you could just stay with the standard filter Tongue
ive got a universal cone filter, £8 posted :p
(23-04-2013, 10:37 PM)SRowell Wrote: [ -> ]just get a cone filter off ebay or a local shop for £15. You dont even need a special pipe. Remove the filter from the air box and then put the new filter onto the end of the airbox. It looks a bit naff and people will think you have two filters but it works. Or you could just stay with the standard filter Tongue

I will give it a go! Now to find someone with the tools lol

(23-04-2013, 10:39 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: [ -> ]ive got a universal cone filter, £8 posted :p

Think I may take you up on that. I'll pm.