306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Disciplinary procedures
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone here know anything about them?

I was sanctioned with a final written warning two months ago. But i've never been issued with a disciplinary outcome letter, aren't I supposed to get one given it's a written warning?

Just curious. If anyone knows more about them than me, pipe up please x
What've you done now...
Pretty sure that your supposed to get two written warnings before then your final unless you have committed gross miss conduct. Thats all in the space of 1 year.
It was gross misconduct mate, stupid mistake by me that left me foul of "the last person at the property assumes responsibility" kinda thing.
Think yourself lucky mate, my last employers sacked me for gross misconduct, and i had a clean record! No warnings, just "there's the door..."
At our place that would void it lmao. If you don't complete all steps fully then it will almost always result in it all being put in the bin. However (and I've seen it done) the manager says they have posted it and pulls out a random receipt for something posted around the same time
It will still have a marker though
And will still effectively be a conduct route notice

Could be different at virgin
(22-04-2013, 07:45 PM)4WayDiablo Wrote: [ -> ]At our place that would void it lmao. If you don't complete all steps fully then it will almost always result in it all being put in the bin. However (and I've seen it done) the manager says they have posted it and pulls out a random receipt for something posted around the same time
It will still have a marker though
And will still effectively be a conduct route notice

Could be different at virgin

Yeah i'm just wondering. I'm 99% sure they didn't issue a written outcome, but proving that would be difficult as the guy that issued it is known to be... devious?

Plus me fighting something on a technicality would put a target on my back.

I'm just £300 a month down thanks to the warning and fantasising about having that back lmao
Different company's could have different procedures on the way things are hhandled
Best off talking to someone in the company in the know
On a more helpful note and some more googling.

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/england/wo...t_work.htm

and this

https://www.gov.uk/disciplinary-procedur...on-at-work

Dont listen to what people say on the forum, the above is government websites, they hold the truth
(22-04-2013, 07:48 PM)Fooby Wrote: [ -> ]On a more helpful note and some more googling.

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/england/wo...t_work.htm

Cheers gravelrash, appreciated. Think i'll just let it go though, fighting a massive company over a technicality is how the term "underdog" was invented. Plus they'd just be waiting for me to slip up on ANYTHING in future.

Least my cock sucking skillz still pay the bills eh?
(22-04-2013, 07:39 PM)cwspellowe Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone here know anything about them?

I was sanctioned with a final written warning two months ago. But i've never been issued with a disciplinary outcome letter, aren't I supposed to get one given it's a written warning?

have you had a written warning before the final written warning?
lads who have had a disciplinary, get a letter in the post. I know a lad got two in one month for different things, he only lost his bonus,
not sure if written warns for other things can be used in this disciplinary action, so watch that one in case they try and pull a fast one. also get someone to sit in with you too.
(22-04-2013, 07:51 PM)procta Wrote: [ -> ]
(22-04-2013, 07:39 PM)cwspellowe Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone here know anything about them?

lads who have had a disciplinary, get a letter in the post. I know a lad got two in one month for different things, he only lost his bonus,
not sure if written warns for other things can be used in this disciplinary action, so watch that one in case they try and pull a fast one.

Nope, squeaky clean record before this. The final written was issued two months ago now, I just never got an outcome letter
You don't need any warnings for gross misconduct.

By this I mean if you did something that the company classes as gross misconduct they can fire you without any previous warnings, written or verbal.

So even if you had not got your last warning, it would not matter.
(22-04-2013, 07:53 PM)cwspellowe Wrote: [ -> ]
(22-04-2013, 07:51 PM)procta Wrote: [ -> ]

not sure if written warns for other things can be used in this disciplinary action, so watch that one in case they try and pull a fast one.

Nope, squeaky clean record before this. The final written was issued two months ago now, I just never got an outcome letter

wont have been a final written warning then, my mate was an expert in this as he had that many disciplinary hearings for been awol etc. he said don't try and deny you f*cked up etc. if you have f*cked up and admit it, you will find they may back down on what they were going to do. I think that rule saved his arse many times!
when I f*cked up at work, and got called up, I admitted I f*cked up. so the gaffer just write down he had me upstairs for it and no further action was taken. he was going to discipline me, but backed off as soon as I admitted, I said plus I was half a sleep too. after doing 4 12 hr shifts off the belt.
if have a squeaky clean record too, you may find they may not give you a harsh punishment. I done my wrist in with a knife trying to cut cable ties. the proper tool wasn't even in the building! so the manager said, ok andy, its health and safety on both our parts. I will just slap you for having a knife on your person and if you had put It down and a child picked up. that was it, one lad got the boot for jumping on pallets while someone was towing them.
I was expecting a right roasting for it, gaffer said nah both of us are to blame, plus your records strong clean one.

(22-04-2013, 07:56 PM)Pompey306mark Wrote: [ -> ]You don't need any warnings for gross misconduct.

By this I mean if you did something that the company classes as gross misconduct they can fire you without any previous warnings, written or verbal.

So even if you had not got your last warning, it would not matter.

yeah that's true, you can come to work normal and before you clock in, they can tell you your suspended, then a hearing will take place. the can even suspend you while your in mid shift too. seen that happen too
I think a few of you are missing the point here.

I had a clean disciplinary record, I was disciplined for gross misconduct, the outcome was a final written.

The question here is "wasn't I supposed to get an outcome letter to make it formal and fulfill procedural guidelines"

I'm well aware of what constitutes various forms of misconduct and I am under no doubt that I was issued with a final written. I just never received an outcome letter...
(22-04-2013, 08:32 PM)cwspellowe Wrote: [ -> ]I think a few of you are missing the point here.

I had a clean disciplinary record, I was disciplined for gross misconduct, the outcome was a final written.

The question here is "wasn't I supposed to get an outcome letter to make it formal and fulfill procedural guidelines"

I'm well aware of what constitutes various forms of misconduct and I am under no doubt that I was issued with a final written. I just never received an outcome letter...

i know you should get a letter for a disciplinary which is more serious ( ie loosing your bonus or giving the boot) , sounds like to me you just had a written warning, i think you can have as many as those as you like,
but i am going where i work plays the game.
No, the outcome was a final written. It was gross misconduct and the two possible outcomes are dismissal or first and final written.
(22-04-2013, 08:47 PM)cwspellowe Wrote: [ -> ]No, the outcome was a final written. It was gross misconduct and the two possible outcomes are dismissal or first and final written.

do you think you will be out the door? as i think you better check on how long a final written warning stays active. i had a look on google and the company can state how long it stays active. just make sure they follow there policies to the letter. in case you get the boot and they haven't followed the correct policies in their rule book.
Ha ha cant you lot read? The outcome was à final written warning! As far as iam aware mr pellowe you should have a written copy yes lol
I have to provide employees with a copy when I give a written warning which has to be signed by us both same as they are entitled to have a witness in for verbal warnings
(22-04-2013, 10:43 PM)Jonny b Wrote: [ -> ]Ha ha cant you lot read? The outcome was à final written warning! As far as iam aware mr pellowe you should have a written copy yes lol

Thank you jonny, didn't realise it was that hard to get a straight answer lmao