306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: interior lights
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok, got a strange one here, the main interior light and the 2 smaller lights either side only work when the car is running, the interior light comes on when I unlock the car with the remote, but nothing works once thats gone out until the engine is running. I know its nothing major but its a pain in the a##e as I work nights and trying to scrabble round in the dark once I turn the car off, anyone got any bright ideas (no pun intended)
Thanks in advanceIdea
Dont turn the car off before you have to get out? Big Grin
If I don't turn the car off I end up with very angry wife and 2 wide awake children in the early hours of the morning and thats not good Nospeak
Lol, fair play.

Do they not work with the door open?
no they dont work when the doors open, even when the engine is running, only work from the switch when engine is running
I'd be inclined to check and probably replace the door switches tbh. Although I'm sure the interior lights should work with the ignition on "accessories".
Door loom?
I've got this replaced both door switches redone my door loom and its still not working
Fiddled about with the door switches, got the passenger one working so swapped them over, but the 2 smaller lights don't work still and main one still won't work from the switch when engine is not running
That sounds very strange, the only thing I can think of is the contacts in the ignition barrel? Is everything else working ok and have you checked the fuses?

Just noticed your in Dunstable, whereabouts? I live near the Ewe and lamb.
There was a dirty/stuck door switch which I've now sorted, the light comes on now when I open the drivers door, passenger side still not working, but I don't care too much about that coz I don't sit that side.
I'm just the other side of Dunstable, off Drovers Way