306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Insurance relevant query
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A friend of mine bought insurance and to make things a lot cheaper added a female named driver onto his policy with the good intention that she would drive it at least once or twice in the period of the policy.

However they are no longer talking and she has text him to ask him if he's removed her off of his insurance.

We all know that the insurance premium will change and considering its been paid off in one go will he incur an extra charge on top if he removed the named driver?

Is it technically illegal to have a named driver on the policy even if they will never drive it?
I know it's called 'insurance fronting' if you are a named driver on another 'main drivers' policy if you drive it more. But we've found no answer to this specific query.

What do you guys suggest? Remove the named driver or keep her on his insurance?
I wouldn't worry bud tbh she won't know anyways
as he says ^^^

Tell her she's removed, assuming "he" is the main drivier, policy is in his name and no paperwork goes to her in any way shape or form, i wouldn't see an issue. if the insurance ask, just say they're on a "break" and still want her on the policy in case she comes back and wants to drive, or for emergency purposese?
He's told her she is removed, but he wonders what would happen if she checks.
If the policy is in his name they shouldn't tell her anything
Exactly my thinking, but would they have sent her anything to confirm her status as a named driver?!
Please forgive him for these questions but he's rather concerned and doesn't have the money to adjust the policy just in case they put the policy back up in price.
No they won't send her nowt! I have been a named driver on my sisters my Missus and my cousins policy's for years I have never had nothing
As above, until last year I was still putting my ex girlfriend on my insurance and we've not spoke for 3 years! Lol
My wife is on the v6 coupe policy have had it three years and I think she has driven it once when the Mondeo broke down
my dads on my policy and he lives in australia
who is the policy with? admiral make no change to payments if you remove a driver. i removed an ex after we split. i payed monthly and having her on it dropped total price by a touch over £300 upon removing her it made no difference to my monthly payments.

but no i wouldnt remove her! i just removed my ex out of princapal..
(19-04-2013, 07:05 PM)puglove Wrote: [ -> ]who is the policy with? admiral make no change to payments if you remove a driver. i removed an ex after we split. i payed monthly and having her on it dropped total price by a touch over £300 upon removing her it made no difference to my monthly payments.

but no i wouldnt remove her! i just removed my ex out of princapal..
Also find out today that the way to look at it would be that 'YOU' are giving permission for her to drive it, you don't need permission from the named driver to put them on the insurance.
you can technically put the queen on your policy if you wished...