306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: What do i need to ask??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Having a mind blank here guys

gonna be calling a guy about a hdi in an hour or so, the discription is shite basicaly all it really say is what T&T it has, want to ask a few questions to see if its worth going to see

So far iv got

Last cam belt change
tyres
last oil change
exhaust
has it had a clutch change?

what eles do it need to be asking before making the trip down to see it?
Ask if he'll guarantee it for your drive home, thats usually very telling as to weather someone trusts a car.
Hmmm good shout chris
Check the heater works and all the switches in the doors :p
(18-04-2013, 04:58 PM)Tom Wrote: [ -> ]Check the heater works and all the switches in the doors :p

Thats more things to look for when you get there tom Tongue
Ask him for recent work done. If they spent loads of money with in last month then why are they selling it.
ask if both rear wheel arch liners are in place and intact. also ask if theres any surface rust, sills, wheelarches, roof gutter rails etc
Always say im ringing aboyt the car they have advertised. Dont state the car easy way to see if there a dealer
HHHHMmmm all sounds pretty good Big Grin im all excited now Big Grin
Does she take 3rd in the dry...
and how many dirty nickers is she down at the beck...
Went to see a corsa yesterday. Opened drivers door to be greeted by door pocket full on durex. Said to him I like to see a owner that likes to stay save while driving a car.
(18-04-2013, 05:31 PM)kentiiboii Wrote: [ -> ]Went to see a corsa yesterday. Opened drivers door to be greeted by door pocket full on durex. Said to him I like to see a owner that likes to stay save while driving a car.

Thats epic kent lol. atleast you would have had somthing for trax camping this year lmao
Don't forget give the wheel a little kick just to be sure hahaha Tongue
Make sure all through warning lights come on then go off once the car is started
bottom pulley
noisey injectors
security code card in the handbook
radio code
more than one set of keys
(18-04-2013, 06:56 PM)cully Wrote: [ -> ]Make sure all through warning lights come on then go off once the car is started
bottom pulley
noisey injectors
security code card in the handbook
radio code
more than one set of keys

Paul how big an issue are the injecters if they are a little tappy?

and anything eles on a hdi? i know 306's like the back of my hand but havnt got a clue when it comes to hdi's
(18-04-2013, 07:22 PM)puglove Wrote: [ -> ]Paul how big an issue are the injectors if they are a little tappy?

the noisey injectors will piss you off as its so noticeable

also look where the injectors enter the head pools of what look like oil is diesel passing out past the injector seats

this can make removing injectors a bitch also the seat sealing surface area may be damaged so even new copper seals wont seal
Schweet ,thanks mate, i really do hope she's a goodun Big Grin
Any Smoke on start up
Its a HDi...it'll be shit whatever you ask.

Just buy it and have a few hundred spare for all the stuff that the previous owners couldn't be arsed to fix.... Rolleyes
Thanks tom way to put a downer on it .......................... knob Tongue Wink
Is that the mind set you went to view the vectra with? Lol
No but its what I should do, and will be doing with the next car as its the same everytime I buy one. Jamie thinks I'm joking as well. Confused
main question to ask is

has Dum-Dum or Toms306 ever owned it Big Grin

if so walk..no run away
When you going to view?
1st thing tomorrow morning mate.
Ooh, where abouts? My way?
bridge water mate.
Oh dear.

It's probably a dog then. Big Grin
(19-04-2013, 12:31 PM)silverzx Wrote: [ -> ]Oh dear.

It's probably a dog with pups then. Big Grin

edited for truth!
(19-04-2013, 09:00 AM)cully Wrote: [ -> ]main question to ask is

has Dum-Dum or Toms306 ever owned it Big Grin

if so walk..no run away

lol

I couldn't agree more!
Pages: 1 2