306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: What age did you fall in love with the 306 and why?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I remember as a 17 year old spotty teenager watching Will Gollup at Lydden Hill in his 306, absolutly smashing the rallycross championships.

Then seeing the first two Dimma kitted 306's in Max Power

I knew then my love for the 306 had begun, problem was at 17 even a 1.1 was about £1800 to ensure.

I bought my first 306 about 7 years ago a 1.9D LX i loved it although a bit of a tourtoise it was great.

Now well into my 30's i can actually afford to have the car i always wanted and modify it. Could not quite stretch to a GTI 6 so i got my current project and bought it back from deaths door.
My neighbour had one when I was 17, it looked cooler than any other car in the same price braket so I bought one, a poverty spec, phase 2 1.4, slow dangerous and boring. Then the rest of the village followed suit and most of my school year had 306s shortly afterwards haha. But its ok, they were all written off pretty quick so I was back to owning the best one as I'd moved onto a top spec, shiny phase3 with all the toys and not even 9 years old at the time! Tongue

That had majors issues then for some stupid reason I bought another 2 before going VAG - broke the 2nd VAG, borrowed a mates 306 and realised how awful they were after the comfort and refinement of the VW lol, still bought another one after that hahaha.....and now looking at them again! I must be mad tbh. I dunno if its the familiarity that makes me buy them, or what it is lol.
Fell in love with 306's when I was 17. My mate got a Red Dturbo on an N reg. it was low as and shifted like a good an. We were only in 6th form at school..! That car made me buy one for my second car when I was 19. A white Dturbo also on an N plate. Had clones and was really really stupid low, almost Irish spec. Had a dump valve and blue neons all round. Was AWSOME!

After that had a Vagaygay Audi A3 1.6 sport. Was ok, but the bond was too strong. 4 years later and no longer a young driver, my first GTi6 came along. Astor grey 1999 and sweet as...

The love will never die!!! Big Grin
I wanted one from about 17. 10 years ago now.

I saw a max power article about best first cars and a turbo and huge torque sold me. Then seing an article on a blaze DTurbo with nos sealed the deal. Got my first one at 18. A vietnean DTurbo.
Fell in love with them when I was 18, £ per bhp seemed good so bought a HDi and eventually stage 2d it, now I've got a 6 and there's just something about the way they handle its just awesome... Drove it for the first time in about 2 weeks today and still puts a massive grin on my face and wiped the smirk off a bloke with a 20vt up my trumpet lol
I was 14 when the guy down the road bought a black 6 and i was like gotta have one of them one day.............. 11 306's later here i am lol never owned anything eles other than a couple of 106's :/
my grand parents had one and i always thought it was really really lame. Finally I got it handed down to me after my gran wasn't safe to drive. Properly standard. Learnt to drive in it and once I had found the owners club fell in love! I have no idea how anyone can own one and not be in the club!
My first car at 17 was a phase 1 306 nad, blew it up within 20 minutes of ownership lol. bought a 405 dturbo after that and fell in love with the xud, went through a few estates then eventually an mi16. got myself a proper job after that and had shit loads of cars throughout the next 2 years, was swapping cars every couple of months at one point, just wanted to try as much stuff as i could, then last year after getting fed up of my last 405 and its clutch/overheating issues bought a mint phase 1 bianca 306 as a project, and well you know the rest haha
Had loads of different cars. First car I always wanted saxo. Eventually I learnt I can't fit my fat legs in one so gave up. Then tried to insure a astra and l learnt I could buy a 306 and insure it and still save my self 1.5k. So I got a cherry phase 1. Drivers wing was orange walk round the car and watch the colour go red to the bonnet. Polished lovely looked awesome. Handled great. Went to another astra but wasbt as good so I got my old hdi started tuning and lowering. Killed it bought the dturbo was ok but imo I like the hdi. So I bought another.
My s16 was my first 306 at 28 nearly ten years ago!!! It was going to be a stop gap till I got another 205 or 309, some twat in a lorry decided he wanted to be in my lane on a duel carriageway!!

Had the s16 was looking but fell in love with it and kept it!

Long line of 205 gti's and 309gti's!! Moved over from ford, had xr3s xr2's rst's after driving a 1.9 gti fell in love with pug!!!
When I was 14, when my uncle let me drive his white ph1 306 dturbo, and now i own that very car today! Smile
(18-04-2013, 05:52 PM)Jonny b Wrote: [ -> ]My s16 was my first 306 at 28 nearly ten years ago!!! It was going to be a stop gap till I got another 205 or 309, some twat in a lorry decided he wanted to be in my lane on a duel carriageway!!

Had the s16 was looking but fell in love with it and kept it!

Long line of 205 gti's and 309gti's!! Moved over from ford, had xr3s xr2's rst's after driving a 1.9 gti fell in love with pug!!!

Should of kept to 309's instead of the 306 tack Tongue
Ha ha wish I still had my first tbh silver ph1 309 gti!! Was lush used to go Chelsea cruise in it! Oh the fun times lol!
My first car was a zx when i was 18. Had a bit or jap n german crap inbetween. When i was 20 and i had a borin Xud, but one of the best cars i had, there was nothing to go wrong (sort off)...after that i've 3 Dturbos n a 6....
(18-04-2013, 07:02 PM)Jonny b Wrote: [ -> ]Ha ha wish I still had my first tbh silver ph1 309 gti!! Was lush used to go Chelsea cruise in it! Oh the fun times lol!

would be worth some monies now mate
Think I was 24/25, Mate took me out for a thrash in his phase 1 306 XSI, I was saving for a Civic Jordan at the time but that put 306's onto my radar, bought my first 306 GTi6 and the rest was history.
I've always had pugs, bought a 106 when I was 16 sold that got a metro thought I was Colin McRae and wrote that off, then got my first d turbo, can't keep away had a few cars in between but always come back! Just bought my 7th d turbo
Probably since i was about 10, If not earlier than that! always wanted one.
Remember going around dealerships when i was 13, mum was looking for a brand new car and wanted her to got a 306, she got a micra in the end Sad

Was set for first car to be a 306 but unfortunately noone would bring me anyone to buy one, so ended up buying mk3 golf of my uncle that my parents wanted me to buy, hated it!! and was delighted when i got my first pug, a phase 2 lxdt, which i still regret selling Sad
Fell in love with them at 17 after my mate wrapped one round a tree haha.

5 1/2 years and 12 306s later I'm still here
Bought a corsa, week into policy, crashed it. My uncle is a fan of 306s. He told me to get one from the start.

So we went to have a look at one, and now im glad i made that choice.

The car I once use to see as a chavmobile is now the car of my dreams!
About 24 i think, when i first really thrashed my gold one round some back roads. Or possibly a month later, when i first got LOOS on a wet roundabout. Big Grin
When i was about 18 and i use to see a provence blue d-turbo with dump valve exhaust and bit of smoke out the back, first time i realized a diesel engine could sound good and ive always liked the shape and dash layout
18 but im not sure im fully inlove with my 306 yet, havent even given it a name!
But driving it makes me smile but its ride keep me comfortable!
Nice mix after an obnoxious, slidey, noisy, bouncy and unreliable minor and a terribly dull, understeery tank vw polo coupe.
I was in my mid 40s when I got it, and only got it cause I was looking for a cheap diesel, as my main expense is the bike
I live for the 306.

In't blood kid.
Got mine when I was 19 everyone I knew had vag diesels I wanted something different so here Iam 4 years on with the same dturbo still loving it.
I was 22 always had fords Citroen and VAG's and a Nissan, mate wrote it off I bought it for 300 had it ever since comfy good looking practical :-) everything you'd want, I love it so much I'm thinking of getting rid of the ST for a second one :-)
Since my first 'proper' car, bought a V-reg 1.8 XS at 18 and even managed to insure it for less than a grand. Loved that car to bits! Every car since has never lived up, whilst my MX5 was more of a laugh to drive it wasn't as practical (surprisingly). Had that car nearly 2 years before getting a GTi6, which was a dissapointment from the XS to be honest and that ownership didn't last 6 months...because I stacked it on the way to work one day. Broke the car for parts and saved up and bought a 1.8 Cabby, which I still believe was one of the best looked-after in the country! The previous owner had spent a fortune on bodywork, tuning and a full leather retrim inc. heated seats. Lovely car, but juicy and slow (28mpg!) so I got rid and bought an MX5...

...Now with a small family I couldn't think of a better car to have for the same money (£1500). The Ford Focus was supposed to be the best in class, but I feckin' hated mine! Back in a Y-reg HDi and loving it.
Used to see a Moonstone 306 around here while walking the dog when I was about 15/16 and thinking about what car I wanted. Ended up with a 106 NAD as my first car but once it started to be time for a new one I said that I'd have a 306 by the end of the year, couple months later and I bough the dragoon DT. For me it was because it was quick, compared to a NAD, and handled well.

I also liked that I could have a little bit of power and not pay loads in insurance. I swapped my insurance from the NAD to DT for no cost as all.
It's in the blood. My old man managed a Peugeot garage for over ten years and got me a V reg 5 door HDi 'DTurbo' (Rocking horse) as my first car at the tender age of 17. It's all his fault!
Pages: 1 2