306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Suggestions For Wiring Up All Gauges To One Switch.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Firstly this is in reference to a 1.9 DT 205.

Currently have a boost gauge and about to fit a volt gauge (after the drama with the alternator I thought it wouldn't hurt to install one seeing as it only cost £5!)

In the future I might put in oil/water/egt gauges but for now just want to wire all the back lights up to one switch.

What would be a good wire to T off of? I'd imagine the side light/main beam has a wire somewhere I could join to without the need of having a switch.

However I want the option for turning the back lights off at night as there very bright blue and it can be distracting!

In this case I imagine that there is an ignition live or something I could use to join a cable to which will run to a switch then all the gauges.

If anyone does have advice on where to wire to please state exactly where it is and what colour it is or even add a photo!

Many thanks.
yeh you want to wire them all together in parallel to the sidelights and a ground. Then put a switch between the sidelight +ve and the gauges. when the switch is on they will come on with sidelights and when the button is off the gauges will be off regardless of sidelights being on.

Ive wired mine to the headlight adjustment wiring. DOnt have that on a 205 though do you?
Should be able to take a sidelight feed straight from the light stalk
i always wire in gauges from the cigarette lighter socket, plenty of wires in that area and if you wire it into the same circuit they work off the dashboard light dimmer (if your 205 has one?)
Be carefull with to many gauges and the OEM dash dimmer, I may or may not have had a slight incident with mine! Running a second dimmer just for extra gauges worked fine though Tongue That said, its always been fine with a "normal" ammount of gauges!
(16-04-2013, 09:00 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: [ -> ]Be carefull with to many gauges and the OEM dash dimmer, I may or may not have had a slight incident with mine! Running a second dimmer just for extra gauges worked fine though Tongue That said, its always been fine with a "normal" ammount of gauges!

hahaha, did it involve a small fire by any chance?
Haha not quite, but things were getting warm / smelly heh.
do 205s have a dimmer switch?

if not they are simples to pickup at scrappys...
simples to wire in...

coz whats the point of intsalling guages if you cant see them at night?!
I've always taken mine from the switched live on the back of the stereo
Ok cheers for the input guys!