306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: wheel bearing kits
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So replacing my front passenger wheel bearing and want some advice as to which kit to go for...

eBay kits seem to be £10-11 and some are branded albeit maybe a crap one, any experiences???

if not then any relatively cheap other options ?

cheers
Anyone have any good bad experiences? about to order one here
wheel bearings you want to be spending decent money on. cheap ones WILL collapse and you will be back at square one.

buy genuine pug, they cost about £30 each but should last you about 100k if not more
worth checking what bearings pug use...as they just use a company and slap a premium on them
i cant remember where i got my last set of bearings from, just remember they were in a blue psa branded box rather than an actual make
I just replaced both front wheel bearings. Went for the cheap ones off ebay - £19.60 for both delivered. Cant really comment on how they are doing as they've only been on a week but they are considerably cheaper than motor factors/peugeot.
(15-04-2013, 09:05 PM)Ben Wrote: [ -> ]I just replaced both front wheel bearings. Went for the cheap ones off ebay - £19.60 for both delivered. Cant really comment on how they are doing as they've only been on a week but they are considerably cheaper than motor factors/peugeot.

sure let me know if they fail next week lol ...

tempted to go for sfk or something at least as I'm only doing one side anyway
Yeah if they fail soon I'll let you know! I just thought I'd try the cheap ones, if they fail within a couple of months I'll spend the £30 a corner. But if they last a year or more I'll buy cheap ones again when needed. Depends how much of a hassle you find it to fit them to be honest and whether you want to risk having to do it again, personally its not much bother changing them.
I bet pug use something like sfk...new box....twice the price please