306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Car of the Month (COTM) - Best Tuning - April 2013
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Right I'm taking over car of the month for a month or 2.

This months category is for best tuning. So if you own a tuned 306 then this is your time to shine.

All you need to do is send 1-3 photos of your tuned 306 and a brief write up to me (not the_liam) via PM before midnight on Sunday 21st April to be included in the voting that will run for 1 week up until the very end of April with the winner being crowned on the 1st of May.

As long as its a tuned 306 that you currently own you can enter.
Warning showing tuning mods on an open forum may invalidate your insurance if not declared!

You should declare all mods or your insurance maybe/will be void!
Mine are all declared so no issue there.
Does weight saving count? Haha
wow thats a broad subject, does this mean that about 90% of the cars on this forum are eligible?
All performance tuning counts! Basically anything to make a car quicker, better handling and faster stopping etc.

Its a massively broad subject yes and I am expecting alot of entries (next months category will be broader though lol).

Essentially I'm not too bothered by how many entries we get, it should make voting interesting and its the voters who decide what constitutes the best tuned 306 at the end of the day (month).
Oooh, nice category. Should be interesting, and very close i imagine.
Might enter this one If I can be arsed lol
(12-04-2013, 02:40 PM)PE02KHG Wrote: [ -> ]Oooh, nice category. Should be interesting, and very close i imagine.
Thats what I was hoping, I've put alot of thought into categories that will make people think before voting and give people tough decisions.

Sadly I think owners of certain cars who I would like to see win might not enter and that would be a real shame.

(12-04-2013, 02:41 PM)Jonny b Wrote: [ -> ]Might enter this one If I can be arsed lol
Do it!
weres best PH2 Sad
(12-04-2013, 04:33 PM)karl1989 Wrote: [ -> ]weres best PH2 Sad

There ain't any!! Lol
^^^ haha those are the ones converted to ph1 and ph3!
Such a broad spectrum, and hate to say it but now the derv bus and the mtdi are done for, there's not that many people pushing boundaries to be a runaway winner.

There's XUD's with different blowers, this last year there's been a few people trying different approaches. VNT's, Garrett GT series, truck turbos etc.

There's HDI's with different maps, Jonny's the standout one for me at the mo though simply because he has a win GT.

GTI6's with their superchargers. Pretty standard practice now tbh. Ed Doe with his extra 2mph cornering speed with his perfect centre of gravity that's now been ruined by fitting giant wheels.

And the 1.4's with their tuning resistors. Hmm.

Very very interesting category but tbh I won't be entering. Doesn't deserve to be acknowledged for any kind of tuning...
(12-04-2013, 05:11 PM)cwspellowe Wrote: [ -> ]Such a broad spectrum, and hate to say it but now the derv bus and the mtdi are done for, there's not that many people pushing boundaries to be a runaway winner.

There's XUD's with different blowers, this last year there's been a few people trying different approaches. VNT's, Garrett GT series, truck turbos etc.

There's HDI's with different maps, Jonny's the standout one for me at the mo though simply because he has a win GT.

GTI6's with their superchargers. Pretty standard practice now tbh. Ed Doe with his extra 2mph cornering speed with his perfect centre of gravity that's now been ruined by fitting giant wheels.

And the 1.4's with their tuning resistors. Hmm.

Very very interesting category but tbh I won't be entering. Doesn't deserve to be acknowledged for any kind of tuning...

Forgot bout mine lol

[Image: e9ureva7.jpg]
Yours is a steam powered GTI6 with half a bike stuck to the front of it. What's so good about that?

ninja I do have a soft spot for sigma and throttle bodies. I just didn't want to reveal my machine envy
Ha ha you dick lol

Just curious!! Half a bike?! Eh
He thinks you have bike bodies on!
Oh I get ya! Ha ha nah they still in the shed!!
Well mine technically dosnt exsist anymore, so cant enter really, should get loads of entries tho, given most cars on this forum are tuned !
(12-04-2013, 05:29 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: [ -> ]Well mine technically dosnt exsist anymore, so cant enter really, should get loads of entries tho, given most cars on this forum are tuned !

^^this

Although it'll be refreshing for someone who's NOT darren to win a category like this for once lmao

(12-04-2013, 05:21 PM)Jonny b Wrote: [ -> ]Oh I get ya! Ha ha nah they still in the shed!!

Get them out of the shed or my vote is going on Samass' NAD...
(12-04-2013, 05:29 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: [ -> ]Well mine technically dosnt exsist anymore, so cant enter really, should get loads of entries tho, given most cars on this forum are tuned !

I would vote for you!!
(12-04-2013, 04:33 PM)karl1989 Wrote: [ -> ]weres best PH2 Sad
It will come eventually but TBH there isn't many ph2s on here especially ones that are nice and likely to be entered. Itll be just you and Mark MIA Airey

(12-04-2013, 05:06 PM)Oil-burner Wrote: [ -> ]^^^ haha those are the ones converted to ph1 and ph3!
And this.

(12-04-2013, 05:13 PM)Jonny b Wrote: [ -> ]Forgot bout mine lol

[Image: e9ureva7.jpg]
PM me an entry dude your car is some peoples ideal tuned 306.

(12-04-2013, 05:29 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: [ -> ]should get loads of entries tho, given most cars on this forum are tuned !
I hope to get loads as it could be a really cool catergory, currently have 1 so if i don't get any more somebody's a guaranteed winner although the thread has only been up for 6 hours
Nice choice there Dum! Look forward to seeing the entry's. Dont think I'll enter after the response in "best estate" Sad lolol
(12-04-2013, 05:54 PM)londondan86 Wrote: [ -> ]Nice choice there Dum! Look forward to seeing the entry's. Dont think I'll enter after the response in "best estate" Sad lolol

Do it mate, worst that can happen is you get no votes. If i get my 6 manifold and induction kit on Im gonna enter for lolz.
Ahem I have a ph2 Tongue
(12-04-2013, 07:02 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]Ahem I have a ph2 Tongue

And your point is?!!! Lol
Entered via PM
Entries via PM hovis!

And could we add a rule that it needs to be a car you currently own that you enter just so people don't enter cars they used to own and love

Plus I for one actually can't enter this month hahah!
But cheers dum dum. This thread needed sorting

more broader next month? So as long as its a 306 it can enter?
(12-04-2013, 11:06 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: [ -> ]Right I'm taking over car of the month for a month or 2.

This months category is for best tuning. So if you own a tuned 306 then this is your time to shine.

All you need to do is send 1-3 photos of your tuned 306 and a brief write up to me (not the_liam) via PM before midnight on Sunday 21st April to be included in the voting that will run for 1 week up until the very end of April with the winner being crowned on the 1st of May.

As long as its a tuned 306 that you currently own you can enter.

Was it just me that seen that?
(30-04-1974, 06:31 PM)Jonny b Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-04-2013, 07:02 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]Ahem I have a ph2 Tongue

And your point is?!!! Lol

(12-04-2013, 05:42 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: [ -> ][quote='karl1989' pid='249565' dateline='1365784390']
weres best PH2 Sad
It will come eventually but TBH there isn't many ph2s on here especially ones that are nice and likely to be entered. Itll be just you and Mark MIA Airey

(12-04-2013, 05:06 PM)Oil-burner Wrote: [ -> ]^^^ haha those are the ones converted to ph1 and ph3!
And this.
Pages: 1 2 3