306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Boost valve
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So the S16 i brought the other day seems to have had a boost valve fitted. 1 like this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/350230965032?s...300wt_1018

I was just wondering if anyone has any experience with these and is it worth putting it on to mine
No.
These sort of things are crap. I played about with the rail pressure on my 1.8 a bit and had no end of troubles. The ECUs are just not advanced enough to adapt so it just throws a shit fit. Leave it be mate Smile
Ok cheers might chuck it on ebay some time
Has anyone ever fitted 1 of these to there car?
I run one on mine, but it's too help fuelling with the cams I'm running... You need a remap ideally otherwise it'll totally ruin your air/fuel ratio.

JP
(21-04-2013, 04:52 PM)jammapic Wrote: [ -> ]I run one on mine, but it's too help fuelling with the cams I'm running... You need a remap ideally otherwise it'll totally ruin your air/fuel ratio.

JP

Ok cheers. When i drove the car which had it on i didn't think it went that well. Do you know if S16 ECU can be remapped?
Bit of an old thread but there is one of these fitted on my
Rallye, was on there when I got the car, no Idea if it helps or anything because I've never been in another 6/rallye, car does go quite well though! Smile
put it back to a standard FPR mate. If it hasnt been mapped in, it will only do damage in the long run.
Dont think i am ever going to make use of it so is anyone interested in the boost valve?

[Image: null_zps25394b54.jpg]
oww an ajustable FSE valve have you the blanking plug for the fuel rail too?
He has the full kit off the car he broke
I've just got the valve and some pipping that's in the pic. Also got some instructions that come with the car. If anyone wants if £10 and it's yours
there should be a blank take off that fixes into the rail where the original fpr fits
There is a bit that goes to the rail I think but it has a pipe going to it. I don't really have any knowledge of these things
you need this bit or its pritty useles for the 6 Wink

[attachment=7977]
It was on the car when he drove it back from chard im 100 percent he has the whole kit
FYI, you need a remap to go with one of these... without it, the AFR will be totally ruined and you'll either run rich and wash the bores out, or lean and kill the motor.

Only safe to use with a fully custom remap set up on the dyno or the road.
(22-06-2013, 07:23 AM)cully Wrote: [ -> ]you need this bit or its pritty useles for the 6 Wink

I've got that bit if its the same size for a 6 as a S16

[Image: null_zpsa85febb7.jpg]
So does anyone have a standard one i could buy then? i have no idea if the car has been mapped or anything, it certainly does shift very well though and it runs spot on