306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Will a rear axle fit in the back of a hatch?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

As above, I need to pick up a rear axle today and I was wondering if a rear axle would fit in the back with the seats out and bases removed?
Yes, fold seats down job done Tongue
Anything that comes off a 306 goes in a 306! (except a full welded exhaust from cat to backbox. That has to hang out the window lol)
Good stuff, thanks guys.
Got the axle, now I can't get it out the car lol. I didn't realise how heavy the thing is. I thought me and the girlfriend would be able to get it out but she can't left her end.

Hate living away from my friends.

The 206 axle I changed a while back was loads lighter.
put some cardboard across the back...oink the one end onto the back of the car between the lights...

drag it across till balanced then you can both carry it...its more awkward than heavy
Getting it out the car is definitely the awkward part, always had 2 people when I've done it. Once out it's easy enough to carry on your own though.
I've managed on my own getting it out but I was getting pissed off with something so anger helps Wink
I'm thinking of taking the disks off it to make it a bit lighter or I might wait and I might have someone to give me a hand tomorrow.
Glad its not just me then! Thought I must've been weak as I know other people move beams about on thier own! The rear brakes don't weigh much in all honesty, not enough to make a difference anyway.

However I managed to get an engine crane in and out of the vectra on my own last week, about the same size and weight. Just put a thick folded sheet on the bumper, slipery plastic (old bit of dash) under the end in the boot then dragged/slid it as far as possible, then leant it on the sheet on the bumper and pulled the other end out.
Mtfu, grab one end, drag it halfway and pick the fucker up, done this many times Smile
(07-04-2013, 08:50 AM)Niall Wrote: [ -> ]Anything that comes off a 306 goes in a 306! (except a full welded exhaust from cat to backbox. That has to hang out the window lol)

so if i take the shell off of a 306 will that fit in a 306??? Tongue
(07-04-2013, 08:46 PM)puglove Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-04-2013, 08:50 AM)Niall Wrote: [ -> ]Anything that comes off a 306 goes in a 306! (except a full welded exhaust from cat to backbox. That has to hang out the window lol)

Stick it on some roofbars lol.....
(07-04-2013, 08:46 PM)puglove Wrote: [ -> ]

Yes

with this hammer
[Image: 100_1285.jpg]
Tie rope to it and the garden wall, drive on, lol.
(08-04-2013, 07:45 AM)darrenjlobb Wrote: [ -> ]Tie rope to it and the garden wall, drive on, lol.

What something like the below

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8j-Hjb-WrY
Haha thats an awesome engine removal