306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Rolling road sessions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Our college (Bridgwater college) is offering a rolling road session for your car,
its £30 for 3 runs and a printout to prove.

The rollers are accurate within a couple bhp so no worrying about dodgy rolling road results.

Before the south west members say "im not letting some bridgwater dribbly touching my car!" im doing a Foundation degree in motorsport engineering and we maintain a radical PR6 for the invitational series at castle combe during the summer and only us will be using the rolling road.

We would be able to do this most weeks on a wednesday evening or thursday morning.

Apologies if this is in the wrong section
is anyone interested?
What make of rolling road, when was it last calibrated?

Oh and we have a london one in the pipeline at a similar price
Dum-Dum Wrote:What make of rolling road, when was it last calibrated?

Oh and we have a london one in the pipeline at a similar price

Ooh, is there? Sweet Big Grin
I'm keen Danny may have a couple of mates without 306's who would be interested if we needed more numbers!
i might be.. when?
@DumDum: its a dynotech one which was calibrated only a week or so ago.

@Foxy-jim: we dont have to have (x) amount of numbers to do a run, if there is only one person who wants a run then that is fine.

@Midnightclub: Most weeks on a wednesday evening till about 8 and thursday morning till 12 30, will have to check the thursday morning one but wednesday night is a defo.
I could well be interested for the wednesday night session..
ok, would it be this coming wednesday? cos i think the week after is half term lol
We can start any time from around 5.
I don't think i can afford it for this wednesday coming unless i can find some cash from somewhere..
Well we dont have to do it this wednesday, it can be a couple weeks after? if you can find some dollar by then.
I expect i can work something out mate.. it'll be interesting to finally see what my cars putting out.. really should fix my boost leaks by then..
Ive been on those rollers Cool
Connor Wrote:Ive been on those rollers Cool
what about your car too?

@garlicbread: was it you i saw outside tesco portsmouth the other day?
If its not half term I may not be able too as I have Uni most Thursdays...
@Midnightclub: we will organise something no doubt just let me know when you can do it.

@4waydiablo: yea it was! i recognised your car aswell.

@foxy-jim: im unsure if we will be doing it in half term, i will ask my tutor.

@connor: knob.
Lol what were you doing down my way? Sorry i didnt stop and chat not only did it not really click who you were but we were also on the way to the top of the hill too see dum dum tae and pompey mark. I said to sam i know him from somewhere then clicked it was cheddar lol then saw your car on the way out had a look then buggered off lol
Might be interested, but will need to chat to the dyno operator... As long as the person operating the dyno isn't a douchebag, I'm up for it.

Last couple of dynos I've been to, the operators have been total douches and just want to do things their way... So...

I'm not naming names here, so...
Ruan Wrote:Might be interested, but will need to chat to the dyno operator... As long as the person operating the dyno isn't a douchebag, I'm up for it.

Last couple of dynos I've been to, the operators have been total douches and just want to do things their way... So...

I'm not naming names here, so...

11mm Bogging for lols...

But not so lolworthy when they bog out half your graph, spend the other half destroying your clutch, and then lift off just as its coming onto the power.
Their tutor is the operator..
darrenjlobb Wrote:11mm Bogging for lols...

But not so lolworthy when they bog out half your graph, spend the other half destroying your clutch, and then lift off just as its coming onto the power.

Precisely.

Sadly these cars AREN'T petrols, you can't just mat them at 1200rpm and expect them to pull... In the same way you can't expect a rediculously cammed petrol to idle properly, most people just get annoyed and just ignore what you say and end up wrecking the graph or components on your car.
@4waydiablo: I was down picking up a front bumper from ginge191, quite a way to go i admit but it was a nice drive anyway lol yea am i correct in saying you took a picture? cos my missus was casually having a fag when you were taking the pic!

@Ruan: As silverzx said it is my tutor but he does race the Radical PR6 that we set up so he knows what he is doing, you can always tell him what rpm to go to and what rpm to start at etc etc, he aint a downer ha!
he has his own website called joshsmithmotorsport showing all of our results last season, he also has some youtube vids which i will try and find.
Don't wanna take it off topic but how should you dyno a diesel then?

I was the only diesel at our dyno day at college and was just told to do the same as everyone else......basically, pull off in 4th, dyno magnets cut in at 30 (feels like a puddle), foot to the floor until you start loosing bhp at the top of rev range.....was that wrong?
Yours is standard though Tom to problem with matting it on a tuned derv is the fuel, it just bogs it down hence why everyone has a mare as rr guys do just that
Jonny b Wrote:Yours is standard though Tom to problem with matting it on a tuned derv is the fuel, it just bogs it down hence why everyone has a mare as rr guys do just that

It was standard for that dyno session, but it won't be for the next one. :think:
That's what I like to hear!
Its all about feeding in the power on a tuned derv. If you floor it from idle it will over fuel and bog down.
londondan86 Wrote:Its all about feeding in the power on a tuned derv. If you floor it from idle it will over fuel and bog down.

Ah right, is that still the same with an electronic DERV though? Doesn't the ECU compensate to stop that happening?
It's because of the 11mm head on tuned XUDs more than anything Tom. The 11mm pump head allows a lot more fuel through on full throttle, and if you floor it at low revs, there isn't enough boost air to burn it all and the engine basically drowns in fuel it can't burn...

You have to be progressive with the throttle until it's on boost, then floor it Smile
THE_Liam Wrote:It's because of the 11mm head on tuned XUDs more than anything Tom. The 11mm pump head allows a lot more fuel through on full throttle, and if you floor it at low revs, there isn't enough boost air to burn it all and the engine basically drowns in fuel it can't burn...

You have to be progressive with the throttle until it's on boost, then floor it Smile

Fair enough, that makes sense Big Grin .............or I guess you could just add a VNT turbo so you're on boost earlier...? :think: Wink
Toms306 Wrote:Fair enough, that makes sense Big Grin .............or I guess you could just add a VNT turbo so you're on boost earlier...? :think: Wink

Ruan's way ahead of you on that mate Wink
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5