306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Window removal tool
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Looking to remove my rear windscreen to paint the boot, iv been looking on ebay and there are a few different tools. Anyone have any experience with any of them and can recommend one?
The bloke who fitted my rear screen used one of these and didnt take him long at all Wink

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251241576341?redirect=mobile
Personally id go for the wire and pulley/winch thing that autoglass use.
Was it the Ph3 boot?
Phase1/2 boot but the above will do both only thing is you will need to buy a new rubber for around the glass or refit it with out it as there is a rubber seal on a phase3 its just hiden behind the glass instead of on show like the phase1/2 Smile
Shocked no-ones mentioned a hammer!
(26-03-2013, 05:16 PM)Carlos182 Wrote: [ -> ]Shocked no-ones mentioned a hammer!

or like me when I wanted a new drivers window I just left my car in London with veg oil in it and the police did the job for me Smile
the wire method is the best way, also worth getting a glass fitters angled knife for cutting out the old seal and getting around the corners of the screen where the wire can't. you have to be very careful when sawing the screen out though as if you slip it will happily cut through glass as well as rubber