306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Jake's Black PH1 DTuuuurbo.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
ginge191 Wrote:was thinking " jesus LOADS of room back there..." then thought, engine forward Doh

looks good mate Smile

Yeah getting there, heads off now...

[Image: 5284d77b-6434-47c6.jpg]

Yes that's a hammer.
That's not just any hammer... Big! Big Grin

Not hanging about eh? Finish it tonight?
samass Wrote:That's not just any hammer... Big! Big Grin

Not hanging about eh? Finish it tonight?
not if hes getting the head skimmed at engine engineering lol
How much hammering was needed to fit the turbo?
Oh yeah forgot about the skim haha
How much hammering was needed to fit the turbo?
My td04 is fine down the back no hammer needed
strictly_derv Wrote:How much hammering was needed to fit the turbo?

None really, just hammered the bulk head a little to stop the turbo becoming an on boost engine mount, hammer was for removing the head.

Progress will be slow now, not even sure where to get the head skinmed yet, haven't got a head kit or a gasket yet either, just going to clean up the head up and have a poke with some ghetto feeler gauges to see how bad/ or if, it's warped.
Hammering requirements depends on which manifold you use, poor flowing design = no hammer Smile
Well the heads with someone who is going to pressure test it and then skim it and give it a full rebuild.

Have just bought this - >Manual boost controller http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Manual-Boost- ... 492wt_1037

Once the heads back will be bolting it all back together.. What do i need to get to re-fit it obviously a new gasket. & anyone know if its okay to use the old head bolts or do they have to be replaced?
Toxic-Jake Wrote:Well the heads with someone who is going to pressure test it and then skim it and give it a full rebuild.

Have just bought this - >Manual boost controller http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Manual-Boost- ... 492wt_1037

Once the heads back will be bolting it all back together.. What do i need to get to re-fit it obviously a new gasket. & anyone know if its okay to use the old head bolts or do they have to be replaced?

Gasket, fire seals if injectors have been out of the head and probably some leak off pipe and a stop, you can re-use some types of bolts providing they are below the max length (listed in haynes IIRC) but is it really worth the chance?? Stick new ones in, I would just change everything you can while its in bits TBH, you know its right then! Smile

Manifold gaskets should also be changed really, you should be able to get a gasket set with everything you need in in for a reasonable cost from a motor factors mate!
where ya take the head?
Gonna be epic once its all back together Big Grin
Heads gone to a fella called trevor who works in a farm out building. Propa job. No lie.
[Image: 519e28c7-196e-a55a.jpg]
Well got the MBC. Not much else happening, head is still away being refurbed.
& just found out the head has been pressure tested and it's not cracked! And will be finished on Monday.
Shit not having a car Sad,

Anyone know where to get the victor reinz head gasket from ??
Genuine Victor Reinz y0h!

Most engine shops should do them, most often on the shelf as it's such a popular engine.
Ruan Wrote:Genuine Victor Reinz y0h!

Most engine shops should do them, most often on the shelf as it's such a popular engine.

Unless you live in the north, and then it seems to be impossible Sad

Want one for new engine!! ninja
mark_airey Wrote:
Ruan Wrote:Genuine Victor Reinz y0h!

Unless you live in the north, and then it seems to be impossible Sad

Want one for new engine!! ninja

Or east it would seem, nowhere like ecp, gsf or the like have them.
All elring but don't do over three notch.
Toxic-Jake Wrote:Or east it would seem, nowhere like ecp, gsf or the like have them.
All elring but don't do over three notch.

Glad its not just me, what about Payene (sp?) that was what i ended up using last time which have a decent rep
Havent looked into it too much yet as I'm at work but will probably be having a browse about this afternoon.

Will check them out & see! Cheers ThumbsUp
Elring are as good, but can no one seriously get over a 3 notch? I'm very surprised at that!

http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Peuge ... 54a&000173

FAI aren't bad, it's an MLS at the end of the day...
I'm just reppin' the Victor Reinz.
I was told by my engine man that the FAI ones were shite Ruan, remember changing the gasket on mine and it being a repeat of the problem, that was an FAI one Wink
Interesting - don't use FAI then Smile

Reppin' the Victor Reinz baby!
Ruan Wrote:Interesting - don't use FAI then Smile

Reppin' the Victor Reinz baby!

Get me one then please dear :romance-inlove:
Ruan Wrote:Reppin' the Victor Reinz baby!

Not a genuine Victor Reinz

[Image: 519e28c7-3421-fe2e.jpg]
Oh soz, GENUINE Victor Reinz!

I'll see what I can do bigboys.
Remember that focus that I bought a while back? Well its still here and actually came in useful the other day.........

Jacked it up;

[Image: Norwich-20120413-01474.jpg]

Then fitted one of Jake's Fondmetals that he's polishing;

[Image: Norwich-20120413-01475.jpg]

And then started polishing lol

I do have a vid I might upload if anybody wants to see it lol
Epic way to reduce your finger count.
He was wearing gloves, all finger still intact Big Grin

[Image: th_VID-20120413-00051.jpg]
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14