306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: speedometer and fuel gauge playing about?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all

as im new on this forum and just got my phase 1 cabrio i got it taxed insured and
tested! so after about 300 miles of driving about i realized is not so good on
fuel as i expected to be but then again being an auto maybe that's normal to
be a bit heavy on fuel ?
first of all i field it up the other day and just over £50.00 went in the tank so i
assume is about 45 liters fuel tank or so?
any ideas what should be an average fuel consumption or a full tank range
on this 2.0 8v carousing at about 70 on a motorway to the full tank?
NOW!
the biggest problem of all i discovered is that i have intermittent problem with
a speedometer some times works and some time doesn't! but when it doesn't
work is not clocking the counter either! so i don't get accurate mileage traveled any how....
now my fuel gauge is also playing up and all over the place so i got no idea
on how much fuel i have in the tank any way ...HMMMM
i think ? could this two gauges problems be related or are they two separate
buggers all together?would like to get this fixed is a bit annoying

thanks
boyan
erm.... check the earths but its much more likely that the speedo drive is broken. Same problem on my 1.8. Its on the back of the gearbox and its about £30 and a single bolt to remove. Its just difficult to get to. The fuel gauge is odd though. Maybe a faulty sender in the tank?
Thanks for your reply i will have a look at it, there was an oil leak from the
rocker cover gasket straight on to the speedometer sender unit could
that might fried it some how? i surely need to get another one thanks
again boyan!
its mostly a mechanical sensor so it should have friend it. Maybe if you take it out and give it a clean it might start to work again. Worth a go before shelling out for a new one.
Got the same problem with my speedo in our 1.8 auto. Keeps tellin me im doin 130mph when i boot it lol.

Does yours take a fiw minuts to die? Like keeps randomly stoping and working then dies compleatly?

And i also have a leak from the rocker cover gasket that i really should fix ( cant atm to cold for me got back problems)
(28-03-2013, 12:18 PM)bingham123456 Wrote: [ -> ]Got the same problem with my speedo in our 1.8 auto. Keeps tellin me im doin 130mph when i boot it lol.

Does yours take a fiw minuts to die? Like keeps randomly stoping and working then dies compleatly?

And i also have a leak from the rocker cover gasket that i really should fix ( cant atm to cold for me got back problems)

130 Smile))) no mine is temperamental? but usually not working in town when car is cold? got no idea! but
funny enough my fuel gauge when on 3/4 shows full tank and gauge all over the place dances like gangam style!