306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Desperate for working HDi 90 Bosch injectors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Guys,

I'm desperate for 4 working injectors. I've been ripped off twice now, they've all had that annoying pre-injection tick. They were off 'low milage' lumps, and weren't cheap either.

Can anyone help me out with a set, that are working and in good condition for sure! As I have 8 spare injectors, would getting them refurbed fix the problem or be any cheaper.

Callum
ive got a set 044 ones but carnt give any grantee was working ok when took out the car but been in shed for about 2 month £15 collected or £22.50 posted
Youll struggle to find some 306 injectors that dont tick tbh.
Youre best trying to find some low mileage 072 injectors from a 206/307 etc
Where would I even start looking to find some off a 206/307?

Chris_90, for £15 I might take you up on that. Can you remember if they were good?
You're probably wasting your time, and you haven't necessarily been ripped off. As said above, you will struggle to find a set that doesn't tick, just because they tick doesn't mean they're dead.

No offence Chris, but have they been properly stored in diesel with caps over all the orifices? If not they could well be useless.

For future reference there is actually a wanted section too. Smile
Moved to the 'Wanted' section
Poodle what do you mean about storage? June haven't been stored long, but do I need to clean them before I put them in?

Mine*
you need to plug all the ports to store them as any crap gets in and they are scrap!

i have a set of refubed diesel bob 044 injectors that were good for a year before starting to tick!
Don't try and clean them, there's a chance they'll get blocked up by some microscopic crap. I was probably unlucky, but i managed to ruin one of mine once by wiping the nozzle with some clean diesel and a lint-free cloth... Sad

Ideally what you want is to remove them in a proper clean room and put them through a sonic bath, then immediately cap them and then store them in a container of fresh diesel. Obviously very few people have access to a clean room or sonic bath in reality, so the best you can do is plug the ports and seal them in a clean container of fresh diesel.

That said, it might not make much difference in practice, i'm just going on Bosch guidelines. For the sake of an extra five minutes to store them properly, can't hurt.
crap! mine have just been sitting around on a clean bench but knowing my luck...
So I'm best keeping the ones I have, and the other 8 in the boot just incase?