306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Battery in the boot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Got myself a battery cable from a beema this weekend for the grand total of £3 (love my local scrappy). Just wondering where the best way to route it is, its too short to go from the standard location to the other side of the engine bay where the grommet is by the break servo then down the o/s of the car. Is there anywhere on the n/s that I can rout the cable into?

I'm thinking taking it down into the wheel arch then drilling a hole in through the passenger foot well then along the inside of the door sill to the boot.

The other option is under the car but don't really want to do that is possible.

how have you lots done yours?

Cheers chaps
mines cable tied to brake pipes
Drill a hole in the bulkhead with a grommit? Or like Sean said run it under the car Smile
(17-03-2013, 10:33 PM)Just Sean Wrote: [ -> ]mines cable tied to brake pipes

this. Get some cable armour (£5 for 10m from screwfix) and run it under the car.

Just remember to vent the battery to the outside (should be a little hole somewhere on top where you can attach a small hose). Battery fumes can rust metal and sometimes be harmful!
I drilled a hole behind the dash on passenger side then ran cable through the wheel arch and along the sill inside the car to the boot. Definatly use decent gromets as its just asking for a fire otherwise
Cheers for the heads up, I'll get on it this week!

Got loads of grommets, armour sounds like a good idea if it has to go under the car though