306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: f*cking brilliant.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So went out to my car this morning and someone ha smashed in the rear quarter. f*cking brilliant.

Why is it this happens when you have no money and you got laid off!!

What's my best bet? Body is dented into my rear wheel pretty heavy.
Thats bad news mate trust it to be on the bit that cant be changed Sad
Dude that sucks, pics of how bad it is?

Suppose thats what car insurance is for though. Depending on your insurance company as youve been hit by someone else who has made off you might not have to pay your excess or loose your NCD.
Will get a pic later

Don't want to claim as it's going to cost me an arm and a leg on insurance next year Sad

At the point of giving up right now
Oh dear, that f*cking sucks :/
Such a shitter man :/
That's shit news dude, same thing happened to mine hence the mismatch white around the fuel filler cap.

Really don't understand why people do it unless you've made an enemy?
I don't even know what to do now.

It's ridiculous, the first car I'm actually happy with and it gets hit.

Thinking of just bending it out then reshelling into another.

And ozone I get on with pretty much everyone
I'd bend it back out (if possible?) so that it's driveable and just carry on driving it until you decide what to do. When you say someones smashed it in do you mean driven into it or hit it with a hammer?
Where do you park? is it a busy route or would the vandals have had to go out of their way to kick your panel in?

When it happened to me the car was parked on the mrs drive :/
It's definitely a car that's hit it, I have white paint on my car.

I park on a quite road so it must be a resident it's not a through road
Easy peasy, keep an eye out for any white cars in the street then. If it's damaged the rear quarter badly, chances are you'll find your paint on a white motor.

Drop a letter through everyone's letterbox saying you have the details of the car that hit it, and if the owner doesn't come forward you're going to the police. Calling the major bluff but you might get lucky.
Any white cars on your street?
defo get coppers involved...if theres paint transfer they be interested for sure...if its high rear quarter surely its a large csr too ...like a 4x4??
No white cars on my road Sad
Worst thing is I heart a smash last night but thought it was me tripping out
(12-03-2013, 12:41 PM)cwspellowe Wrote: [ -> ]Drop a letter through everyone's letterbox saying you have the details of the car that hit it, and if the owner doesn't come forward you're going to the police. Calling the major bluff but you might get lucky.

This, sound really scary, its going to be a resident or a friend/family of a resident so they wont want them to get done. Make sure you point out that you have the make model and reg number of the car and the driver was seen in the car.
(12-03-2013, 12:43 PM)declantg Wrote: [ -> ]No white cars on my road Sad
Worst thing is I heart a smash last night but thought it was me tripping out

As I said, call their bluff. If it's a neighbour's friend or relative and you blag that you have the details, you might find they come forward as i'm sure they'd rather settle privately than risk police attention for a hit and run.

Conversely it may well be an uninsured driver, in which case you've no chance.
(12-03-2013, 12:42 PM)Piggy1987 Wrote: [ -> ]defo get coppers involved...if theres paint transfer they be interested for sure

They wont, theyll make you fill out a report and then if theres no witnesses or any useful evidence (like their number plate embedded in your car) they wont do anything about it.
Something like this should suffice

Quote:Dear neighbour,

Last night, my Peugeot 306 was hit on the rear quarter and the offending driver failed to stop after examining the damage. The smash was loud enough to wake me, and I have taken note of the make, model and registration of the vehicle and can identify the driver.

If this person is known to you, I urge you to ask them to contact me. If not, I will be contacting the Police to report a hit and run incident and commence criminal proceedings. If the person were to come forwards, I am looking to discuss the matter and exchange details. I'm sure if the person is known to you, you would rather the matter be settled amicably in this manner.

Yours sincerely,

[sign]
[address]
^^^ this definately!!
Sure no one was playing frisbee in the area?

On a serious note, that sucks Sad
Going to wait until this evening when all the cars on my road are parked. Also going to check nearby streets incase they park of the street to lay low.

If I find nothing I shall then send out the letters! Thanks Pellowe
This sound about perfect ^^^^

Should help you find out who it is mate
Seriously Darren, how did you not flip out :L I didn't even see it happen and I felt angry!
(12-03-2013, 12:46 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-03-2013, 12:42 PM)Piggy1987 Wrote: [ -> ]defo get coppers involved...if theres paint transfer they be interested for sure

They wont, theyll make you fill out a report and then if theres no witnesses or any useful evidence (like their number plate embedded in your car) they wont do anything about it.

This, they dont give a toss just said ok thank you we'll give you a crime number so you can ring your insurance.... 'thank you' pi$$ takers

I know how you feel dude i came out to this the other week:
[Image: e2uqujyv.jpg][Image: yqarusup.jpg][Image: upyhemyh.jpg]
could be a takeaway driveroften they have shite cars they dont really care about so worth checking local takeaways
As above, could have been takeaway, taxi, or a delvery depending on the time, supermarket deliverys tend to go on reasonably late into the evening.
Phone up some local bodyshops, ask them to keep an eye out for any white cars with your paint over it
You need Sherlock Holmes on the case, he'd know what to do.
Well, given the rear quarter a bit of a bashing to try and sort it. Still dented and scraped pretty deep.
Paint is cracked and flaking all over it Sad definitely needs filler and spraying
Pages: 1 2