306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Glowplug change
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So going to be doing this tomorrow/ wednesday;

Is it hard?
Any special tools needed?

tah
deep socket for the plugs and you have to remove the loom/cover support to gain acsess to the cambelt end plug
not to bad a job though aslong as they come out ok
So not overly difficult then? think i have a deep socket set...
Yeah it's not too bad a job to do. It says in the Haynes manual to put copper slip on the new plugs threads don't do that as copper between ally and steel isn't a good combo.
nice one thanks. hopefully this wont be to hard. fed up of not being able to start in the snow
1 star out of 5

Useful comment
grab a magnet too...just incase
Warm the car up first before you go to take them out.
^^^^ I would say the opposite! hate burning the back of me hand on a roasting engine lmao
(11-03-2013, 09:46 PM)Piggy1987 Wrote: [ -> ]^^^^ I would say the opposite! hate burning the back of me hand on a roasting engine lmao
(11-03-2013, 09:40 PM)ConorTRG Wrote: [ -> ]Warm the car up first before you go to take them out.

i would think he is saying this as aluminium head would expand more that the steel plugs making them maybe looser to undo!
Yeah I know...cant see it making all that much difference...I' d take a tough turn over 3rd degree burns lmao
Much less chance of snapping them off in the head if theyre warm too.
I always did it from warm on my XLdt, much easier. Just let it sit 20 mins to cool off a bit.
The idea is that you'll have less chance of ringing them.