306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: hdi randomly cut out
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So on the way home from work at 1am the hdi decides to cut out, car had only been running a minute and I was doing like 20 mph, just died completely. Turned ignition on again and it started no bother and drove on home.

ideas?
Possibly the brown relay at the back of the ecu. Usually get away with cleaning it
Thats what I am going to try first. I serviced it last week incl fuel filter and don't know if that has anything to do with it
Am I right in saying the brown relay is over by the battery or Ecu?
Ecu, well their both at same side of the engine bay. Could try get you a pic if need be
Its just behind the ecu. Did you drain and clean your filter housing when you changed it? Notice any gold bits in the bottom?
Tbh mate that's what worries me, it was dirty but no gold bits. I took the housing out and drained it but didn't clean it really well as I wasn't sure what to use without risking getting something stuck in the system.
A bit of clean diesel or wd40 or something similar to flush it through will do for future reference. She should be alright for that, maybe worth whipping the fpr out and giving that a quick clean if it happens again.
Cheers mate its been fine since but il not hold my breath lol. would it be good to open the housing again and clean it out? how do you clean the fpr?
Dont know there's much point doing it if it doesnt happen again, anything that was going to go through has probably been and done it by now.

You can flush out the fpr too, preferably with something pressurised, wd40 is what I use (notice a them developing? lol). Remove the o-ring first though, dont know how itll react to the chemicals, dont forget to refit it afterwards.
give the lift pump a whack this will also help Smile