306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Stud conversion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone on here done a stud conversion? Looks like it could be a lil cheaper than bolts but some people complain the cheap ones break easily
Discuss?
benefits?!
Easier to locate wheels when using spacers

General ease of use when it comes to wheel changes etc. Nothing more, nothing less. Personally I have the wheels off and on so many times it makes a difference, the average driver would see no real benefit though.

My "cheap" kit have been fine, same as the ones that were on the gti6.
Is holding your wheels on, something you want to try and save money on? Now Im not saying go out and buy the most expensive items just because... Just think about the cost of repairing a fallen off wheel
I run these and have had no issues.

Grayston conversion studs.
(08-03-2013, 08:32 PM)Connor Wrote: [ -> ]Is holding your wheels on, something you want to try and save money on? Now Im not saying go out and buy the most expensive items just because... Just think about the cost of repairing a fallen off wheel

Right, but what's the difference between "cheap" stud kits and "cheap" wheel bolts?
Or just grow some muscles and learn some technique?! =free Wink
(08-03-2013, 08:34 PM)cwspellowe Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-03-2013, 08:32 PM)Connor Wrote: [ -> ]Is holding your wheels on, something you want to try and save money on? Now Im not saying go out and buy the most expensive items just because... Just think about the cost of repairing a fallen off wheel

Right, but what's the difference between "cheap" stud kits and "cheap" wheel bolts?

There isn't, I wouldn't buy cheap bolts either
surely cheap wheel bolts is like buying cheap brake pads and budget part worn tyres?!?
Another +1 for studs no problems here either
(08-03-2013, 08:36 PM)Piggy1987 Wrote: [ -> ]surely cheap wheel bolts is like buying cheap brake pads and budget part worn tyres?!?

To reiterate, what's wrong with cheap brake pads? Just because they're cheap, it doesn't necessarily mean they're of inferior quality.

Cheap wheel bolts kept my cyclones and speedlines on the gti, and cheap studs and nuts kept those same speedlines on the gti, and two sets of wheels on the estate.

The only problem i've had is me not tightening up the bolts a few days ago..
Ive had studs on most of my recent cars, so much easier to change wheels and its alot more obvious if you damage a thread.

It wont be a problem if you get the correct grade of steel.

Also i dont think studs will be cheaper as you have to buy nuts too but it does open up a whole world of really cool wheel nut options like tuner nuts and toyota style ones that are actually a better fit than peugeot ones and also have the bonus of being a 21mm hex (try and damage one of them lol)
I'd never buy cheap wheel bolts again. Anyone remember my incident?

3 wheel bolts snapping simultaneously, at 80mph, in the outside lane of the m27?
Managed to smash across the 3 lanes, avoiding traffic to the hard shoulder, and the wheel fell off as I got into the services which were 0.1 mile away.
Too f*cking lucky that I'm still here now. Scaryest moment of my life
Text arron he got a set when he got wheels of me
Ive got stid converters on mine as im running pcd adapters, only did it for ease when putting the wheel back on. And if your worried about the cheap ones snapping then dont buy cheap ones. Got mine off a store on ebay, studs, nuts and lockers was about £50 i think. No problems so far. I trust them
Had stud conversions on my old hdi which I sold to oil burner as he seems happy enough with them. Also got then ready for my new hdi.

It's a expensive mod but much easier.
I got a set of them off ebay, will not be doing it again, two snapped while driving and 4 bent in the space of 3 months, they just kept coming loose even after pouring half a bottle of locktight on them...
Yea... okay wont be jumping onto cheap studs anytime soon then
(09-03-2013, 01:19 AM)Shea Wrote: [ -> ]I got a set of them off ebay, will not be doing it again, two snapped while driving and 4 bent in the space of 3 months, they just kept coming loose even after pouring half a bottle of locktight on them...

What company did you buy them from? I bought mine from jjc and they're same price as speedshack so I gathered they would be same.