306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: ignition barrel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
HI all, i had some come and fit a tracker to my car yesterday, and when he left i noticed the ignition barrel spring was knackered, is there anychange i can change the barrel but still use the same key? thanks in advance
what do you mean by barrell spring?!

I would call him back!!!
I have done hes coming this morning but before he left he said did you know it was broke and im sure it wasnt. when turning the key to start the engine its lose and stays forward with the starter running i have to turn the key back.
If you change the barrel you will havr to use thr key that comes with it.
but isnt the spring in the end so i can take the end off and swap it over?
Depends whats actually damaged on yours. If you worried about having 2 different keys for door & ignition. The door lock are piss easy to get out. Just unplug and slide of the retaining clip.
Okay cheers for the reply ill have a look at local scrappy for full set of locks and barrel, see how much they wanting for them. If not ill just have to get a barrel and key, just a ball ache remembering which is which key lol
Put an non remote central locking key case on the ignition ket. Simples. You can easlue see and feel the difference then.