306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: exhaust knocking
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi guys,

ok firstly i hope the pictures work because if they dont then this thread is really hard to explain...

my back box knocks on the part of my chassis with the rear shock sits and its not a small knock its on every bump and then sometimes echoeing through the car while idling if its having a bad day! any ideas how to cure it? its because of the car being lowered i think, i have made a new exhaust bracket for it (so the exit sits snug in the bumper gap) but have had no luck..

ideas??

[Image: EastLindsey-20121123-00390.jpg.html?&_su...4255634147]

[Image: EastLindsey-20121123-00389.jpg.html?&_su...4255634147]

http://s1032.beta.photobucket.com/user/W...4255634147
Put something spongey between the box and the chassis, such as a sponge or thick material, problem solved and box is secure Smile
Bend the hangers
^^^^ what i did
Lowering won't affect where your exhaust sits, is that a pattern part? Could just be a bad fit, as suggested - bend the hangers.
Non oem parts have a bad rep for not fitting quite rightt

Consider how worn the rubbers are...or if they are the right ones.

you may need to bend the hangers but check the rubbers first...could be too short
You just got the exhaust hung all pissed up you need to slacken it off tweek it about and bend the hangers abit. Make surr the mid section bend isnt hanging down to far. You cant really get the tip to dit that snug without it fowling some where
(07-03-2013, 09:06 AM)puglove Wrote: [ -> ]You just got the exhaust hung all pissed up you need to slacken it off tweek it about and bend the hangers abit. Make surr the mid section bend isnt hanging down to far. You cant really get the tip to dit that snug without it fowling some where

That'll be why then. The tip sits nice and snug you see. No good saying bend the hangers I've done all that and even made new hangers for the exhaust system... I've also fitted brand new bushes...

What could I use between the two that won't melt? Looking for something permanent and 'nice' looking if that makes sense
Yeah even with a genuine box it will sit fairly low in the cut out.

Personaly. I wouldnt try wedging shite between it. Id drop it back down out the way to where it should be then cut the tip off and get a larger prettier one from ebay that will look better in the hole aswell as giving you the clearence

OR do what iv done to my DT. Throw the back box in the bin wled a straight pipe in with a tip on the end. That way you have a foot of clearence all around it, sounds better. Goed better and genraly winning. I can get a pic of mine tonighr if you want?
(07-03-2013, 12:58 PM)puglove Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah even with a genuine box it will sit fairly low in the cut out.

Personaly. I wouldnt try wedging shite between it. Id drop it back down out the way to where it should be then cut the tip off and get a larger prettier one from ebay that will look better in the hole aswell as giving you the clearence

OR do what iv done to my DT. Throw the back box in the bin wled a straight pipe in with a tip on the end. That way you have a foot of clearence all around it, sounds better. Goed better and genraly winning. I can get a pic of mine tonighr if you want?

If you could that'd be brill thanks Smile could do the straight through pipe.. already got a 3" rolled tip trying to fill the cut out though!